This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch.

Well, I just learned that my beloved Geek Squad is in dire straits. The guy that they transferred in from Ohio to replace my fellow escapee? Gone. After about a month.

They are down to the manager, a in-home tech, two full-timers and two part-timers. One of the part-timers works only nights (with me during the day) and is thinking of limiting his availability to weekends. The other has gone back to school. The in-home tech is retired, just doing this for fun, and doesn't give a crap. (Coolest old man EVER!)

My fellow escapee and another guy that quit are coming back to work the holidays, but the senior (the full-timer) is freaking out because they have no almost no staff now. I feel really bad for him because he's having to pick up the slack in hours and risking getting written up for violating the "no overtime" policy. And he's too nice of a guy to deal with all that.

But, bad as I feel, I'm enjoying my free time. Best Buy should have given me the hours I asked for when they still had me. Instead of the pitiful 10/week I usually got. Then I probably wouldn't have looked for that day job!
    A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

UPDATE

I just got asked by my friend (who still works at Geek Squad part-time) if I would possibly maybe pretty please with a cherry on top come back to work for Geek Squad. Only if I want to, of course. No pressure. I don't have to decide right now. Just for old time's sake, y'know?

And he's thinking about quitting himself because they only have four employees on counter for the entire day.

Also, three employees in the sister store in the next town over left in the middle of a shift. Just dropped their tools and walked out.

Karma. It's what's for dinner.
    A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Working...
    X