X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you realize?

Important Notice to All who Talk to Customers:

Today is Talk Like a Pirate Day. Imagine the confusion! The irritation! The hilarity! I can't even begin to comprehend how marvelous it would be if we all banned together in an effort to celebrate this most excellent holiday.

"Argh, this is LizaMarie, thank ye fer callin me workplace. Can I help ya or wouldje prefer a bullet t'yer gullet fer disturbin' me morning cuppa joe?"

I think it would make the work day go by much faster

One day this day fell on a Saturday at Kinko's.

We had a blast. We literally took orders like: "Arrrgh...and what will ye be wantin' today, missy? Ya scurvy dogs! We be needin' 250 on Bright Yellow! Heave ho, lads, Cap'n here wants 'em quick like! Arrrgh!"

I'd say about 99 percent of the customers got the biggest kick out of it. Many played along. Every now and then you'd get some joyless walking corpse, but for the most part, people had a lot of fun with it.

By the way, LizaMarie, your phone answering message about killed me.

I brought me hat today, and I gave out a few "Arrgh!s" but I just don't need to talk much at work. It's a quiet day. :-(

Comment

This reminds me.....

Did you know that there are only three letters in the pirate alphabet? AAAAAAY.....AAAAYYYYEEEEE.....and AAAAARRRRR.....

A young pirate went to the movies, but they wouldn't let him in. You know why?
      It was rated AAAARRRRR!!!!

A pirate went to college. You know what he majored in?
      AAAAAARRRRRRTTTTTTT!

A pirate joined the military. Guess which branch he joined?

Go ahead, guess.

No, NOT the AAAARRRMMMYY!

He joined the Navy, of course. He's a bloody pirate!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        No, NOT the AAAARRRMMMYY!

He joined the Navy, of course. He's a bloody pirate!
        Nice! One of the better shaggy-dog jokes I've heard over the years.
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
          Nice! One of the better shaggy-dog jokes I've heard over the years.
          So good I immediately went and told it to my family.

Yes, my husband was suckered in.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Just told that in my office and they all fell for it. Excellent joke.
            A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
            - Dave Barry

Comment

Awesome. I have a few new jokes to bother people with.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Unfortunately, While I would have loved to I doubt my joyless customers would have appreciated 'yaaaaarrr, this be the vitamin to help ye with your hair losss, aaaarrghh'
                Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                  So good I immediately went and told it to my family.

Yes, my husband was suckered in.
                  Carrrrrp! I forgot all about TLaPD!

Hee... I immediately turned and hit Nekojin with the joke. He thought it was as funny as I did.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                    One day this day fell on a Saturday at Kinko's.

We had a blast. We literally took orders like: "Arrrgh...and what will ye be wantin' today, missy? Ya scurvy dogs! We be needin' 250 on Bright Yellow! Heave ho, lads, Cap'n here wants 'em quick like! Arrrgh!"

No, it has to be "Handsomely, now!" not "Quick, like."

That said, I have to admit I chickened out. I hang my head in shame, especially since there were all sorts of pirate-related stuff I could've gotten at the Powell's Books stores at my airport.
                    Civilized men tend to be ruder than savages because they know they can be impolite without getting their skulls split, as a rule.
                    - Robert E. Howard

Comment

Ack you guys forgot the restaurant one!

What's a pirate's favorite fast food restaurant?

Not Arrrrrrrrrrrrrby's, Long John Silvers! He's a pirate after all!

*goes back to her corner*
                      Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

Working...
                      X