This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get there on time

I was at a Little Ceasers the other day waiting for my pizza when a customer walks in to pick up his pizza.

SC: "I am here to pick up XX pizza."
    LC Employee: "Sir, you are two hours late picking up your pizza."
    SC: "You said it would be ready at 7:00."
    LC: "It is 9:00 now, we are closing and we can't remake your pizza."
    SC: "No, I want my pizza now!"
    LC: "Sir, we are closing, end of story."

He walked out after that. It makes me wonder why some people don't even bother coming in a few minutes early so they can get what they wanted.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

A couple of things.

Why didn't the customer originally notice that it was well past the time the pizza was ready and say, "Hey, I forgot to pick up the pizza!!!!" at, say, 7:30?

Why didn't Little Ceaser's call the customer (since I assume the take down the phone number at the time of order) and say, "Your pizza has been ready for a while. Do you plan on picking it up, or should we dispose of it?"

Or something like that, anyway...
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I miss Little Caesars! Best pizza for a national chain. We don't have them down here in FLA. How sad.

In fact, none of the places down here have green olives for a topping! Can you believe that? No green olives on the menu!

Yeah, it's a Yankee thing.
      Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Quoth Knightmare View Post
        I miss Little Caesars! Best pizza for a national chain. We don't have them down here in FLA. How sad.
        What are you talking about, there is one less than a mile from me. Too bad you'll have to drive a hour to get here
        I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

oh man i used to love little caesars! there was one in a mall not too far from me but it closed i gotta find the closest one!

Comment

My mom, stepfather and myself worked for little caesars here in WI at one point...the owner shut down without notice on what was supposed to be payday without paying us(and it was rent week). The state siezed her account, we all filed wage claims and the state released the money to corporate "because they needed it more" as she hadn't payed her franchise fees. She skipped town to avoid prosecution for not notifying us and not paying us, but moved back a year later and nothing has been done to her and we still haven't been payed. A "hot and ready"(pick up pre made pizzas only) LCs just opened up a few blocks from where I live and I refuse to set foot in it( I know it's a franchise, but I hate corporate for basicly "stealing" our money-there was just enough in the account to cover our checks-they bounced because coporate took the money)

BlaqueKatt-who actually was Little Caesar in a parade-I was the only one the costume would fit
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

This made my day.

I just can't believe anyone would wait two hours pick up a food order.
              Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
              My space
              Facebook

Comment

Quoth rdp78 View Post
                I just can't believe anyone would wait two hours pick up a food order.
                Especially considering how nasty LC pizza tastes after it's been sitting under heat lamps for a while!
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Just you watch--some marketer is going to try to make heat-lamp food all the rage before the oughts* are out...promote it as slow-ccoked, like in a natural 131º F. compost heap, free of trans fats.

*I haven't heard this decade really being called anything yet--I heartily vote for this British expression to give us Americans some class!
                  I second that Frederick Douglass quote--unfortunately, so do a lot of SCs.

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                    She skipped town to avoid prosecution for not notifying us and not paying us, but moved back a year later and nothing has been done to her and we still haven't been payed.
                    So, why not sue her? Technically, she still owes you money.
                    You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Quoth Canarr View Post
                      So, why not sue her? Technically, she still owes you money.
                      Attorneys' fees would likely be mote than the owed pay and no attorney will work on contigency (ie they only get payed if you win/settle) unless they're suing for a large amount and have a reasonable chance of winning/settling.
                      Mon aéroglisseur est plein des anguilles!"

Comment

Quoth alphaboi View Post
                        Attorneys' fees would likely be mote than the owed pay and no attorney will work on contigency (ie they only get payed if you win/settle) unless they're suing for a large amount and have a reasonable chance of winning/settling.
                        Small claims court. But if it's more than a year, it's probably too late.
                        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                        HR believes the first person in the door
                        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                        Document everything
                        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth LostMyMind View Post
                          What are you talking about, there is one less than a mile from me. Too bad you'll have to drive a hour to get here
                          Well, I guess next time I am in the Tampa area, I will stop on by and get some 'za!

I did find out there is one in Belleview, which is about an hour northish from me.

Maybe I should open a franchise?
                          Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Well, I'll tell you exactly where it is. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Blvd (formerly Buffalo for the old timers) and Parson. Just do a map search, both are very old roads.

It's funny, there are alot of pizza joints in that one small area. Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, Hungry Howies, and Little Caesar. I probably miss a few. But that spot has almost everything but Burger King (went out of business due to owner screw up).
                            I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Working...
                            X