This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last week on the job

So I'm one week away from leaving my currect job, and I'm just giddy at the possibilities. I can't get fired, b'cause what company would want to pay when I'm gone for free in six days!!!! I hope I get meaner, ruder, stupider customers than ever before!
    Our brains are smarter than we think they am!

my advice, although its tempting, dont burn your bridges, dont take any crap, but remain professional

yeah its no fun

congrats on finishing work though!
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Normally I would take your advice, but this was only a summer job that I have no intention of returning to or getting a reference from.
      Our brains are smarter than we think they am!

Comment

I'm 4 days out of McHell (And 6 days out of the computer store, but I'm going to miss that one.)

I'm debating if I should leave on good terms, or just raise hell (It's not like I need the reference, and I'd never come back!)
        Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

Quoth Acolyte View Post
          I'm 4 days out of McHell (And 6 days out of the computer store, but I'm going to miss that one.)

I'm debating if I should leave on good terms, or just raise hell (It's not like I need the reference, and I'd never come back!)
          Wouldn't it be just a little bit better if you left on good terms? Maybe by raising hell you would get some satisfaction, but satisfaction, like lemonade, goes flat after a little while.

The world is smaller than you think and remember the old adage "Be nice to me on your way up because you might meet me again on your way down"

Comment

Quoth AforElephant View Post
            The world is smaller than you think...
            Before I actually started with the cable company, I didn't think I knew anybody who worked there. When I walked in, it was like old home week. I knew people there from almost every other job I've ever had. And there's a lot of people who worked at the same places, but at different times or in different departments. The part that scared me the most was that in 2000, I was in a 12 person training class at a different company... three people from that class now work at the cable company (and we only have about 100 people in the entire office).

Last week, we were introduced to our new Big Boss... I worked for him in 1998, when he was just a Little Boss.
            I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Working...
            X