This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wierd

OK had a wierd one today. Not even sure what this was about.

Starts off with our live operator calling me and telling me I need to be accounts payable for this call.?????

Ooookkkkaaayyy

So I answer the phone as accounts payable how can I help you.

person on the other end of the phone says I am looking for so and so. I have an account here saying she is employed there.

Me-I am sorry but there has been no one by that name employed here. There has been no one by that name employed here in the 4 years I have been here.

Woman on the phone says hold on let me get my supervisor.
    I wait on hold

Woman comes back on and asks for the last 4 digits of our tax ID #. Now I have never been asked this by anyone let alone someone who doesnt specify who they are or what they really want. I go into defensive mode and say I dont have the info. I really dont, its never came up before. So I do what can be done. I am not sure of that let me get it from the vice president of accounting. (brain is thinking if I take long enough and keep her talking she will go away) She puts me on hold again and then comes back and say well if she isnt there and hasnt been I will have to send this to a diffent department to investigate. I say ok and she hangs up.

Still not sure about this one. The things that make your day go Huh?
    I before E except after C. We live in a weird society

sounds like a scammer of some sort to me
    DILLIGAF

Comment

We had someone phone up and ask for our VAT registration number - the full one, not the end. We refused until they told us what it was for.

"I can't tell you that."

"Then we're not telling you."

"Are you sure you can't give it to us?"

"Come in and buy something. It may be on our receipts."

*click*

Apparently there's some sort of fraud where they send you what looks like an invoice complete with your VAT number, but it's actually an order for some overpriced stationery. It has a chance of working with large companies where one hand doesn't know what the other is doing, but in a two-man operation? Nah.

Rapscallion

Comment

Almost sounds like someone is trying to run an unemployment scam, or something like that, trying to claim they were employed somewhere to get more benefits, and this is the poor soul stuck trying to verify information.

They get no sympathy from me though due to failure to identify their reason for calling. Their fault for that.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
        X