This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More planogram hijinks

The feces-flinging monkeys who design our planograms are at it again.

We have some rubbermaid-like totes that are colored red, green, yellow and blue. They are merchandises on the bottom shelf or the aisle.

However, the planogram designer thought it would make for a better presentation if the lids for the totes were placed on a shelf above the totes themselves.

But here's the kicker: After everything that above the toes and lids is put into the planogram, there is only about 3 or 4 inches between the shelf for the lids and the shelf above it. You can only fit 2 lids on this shelf. Plus, to fit everything, the shelf for the lids has to be placed so low that there's only room for 2 totes on the bottom shelf.

These totes come in cases of 8 and go on sale frequently, but don't sell very well because you only fit 2 out at a time and what if the customer wants more? They often will not ask somebody to get them more from the backroom.

If we would take out the lid shelf, we would be able to fit an entire case out at a time. But no, everything has to look pretty, regardless of whether or not we can actually put a decent quantity out on the shelf.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

I hate merchandising those things.
    It's bad enough finding storage space for them in the warehouse.

I must admit, though, the lids are a problem.

Customers will grab two totes and only take one lid, or else take an extra lid.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

The thing I like about selling 5 gallon pails in hardware is that we sell the lids seperatly. That is how the totes should be sold. That or put them together in a box. I hate having a customer come to me with 3 totes that have no lids and expect me to find them.
      "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        They often will not ask somebody to get them more from the backroom.
        And here I thought that a lot of customers think that it's their unalienable right to be able to demand stuff from the backroom.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
          And here I thought that a lot of customers think that it's their unalienable right to be able to demand stuff from the backroom.
          Well, according to the various memos and other rags we get from corporate, most customers will NOT ask someone to check the backroom for an item. They will just assume we don't have it and go someplace else to get it.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
            That sounds like a good siggy to me.
            I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
            X