This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Got The Short End Of The Straw

Today sucked ass. I had to do not only the intimates department, but also the shoes department too. The girl that was supposed to do the shoes department called out, and those are two pretty big sized departments for one person to man by themselves. What's worse was that my Manager told me that I'm not a permanent employee. I've stayed late whenever we closed, I was a team player and even came in to help close on MY day off to get the store ready and perfect for the corporate bigwig visit, and NEVER called out! I was really hoping to be a permanent employee because it's right by my house, the pay is decent (for a retail employee) and the job was decent too.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Bastard!

They're jerking my husband around at work, even though he's union. They'll do it to anyone.

TG: Have you asked the manager specifics about what you're doing or what it would take to become a permanent employee?
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Yeah, I've asked them what to do to become one (i.e fill out forms, etc.). I've even checked with HR and my manager more than once to make sure that they got everything and that they knew that I intend to become permanent. My manager told me that I would have to wait 30 days from the last day I work (my last day is January 5th,2008) to reapply for a permanent job since I'm eligible for rehire. My supervisor told me that night that she would talk to the other department supervisors or managers to put in a good word for me. She said and I quote " I dunno why manager didn't keep you, but I think you're an awesome worker" and she also said that the only reason why that happened was because the hours allotted were tight and there were only a few spots in our department and they had to narrow it down. Sometimes I can't help but think that work is all nothing but brown-nosing, politics and popularity contests. There's no real appreciation for the good employees no matter what.
      Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 12-30-2007, 05:39 AM.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

This temporary bridge hasn't lasted forever yet.
        I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

Working...
        X