This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pen Grabber

I was at Subway yesterday for lunch, and I noticed something that would have REALLY annoyed me had I been behind the counter.

A customer paid for her sandwich by credit card, and as the Subway guy handed her the receipt, she asked about signing it, while reaching alllllll they wayyyy across the register to a pen that was clearly not for customer use sitting in a bin near a stack of papers!

I guess the cashier didn't notice or care 'cause when I remarked on it, he just shrugged.

P.S., She didn't have to sign her receipt anyway.
    Last edited by pbmods; 08-23-2006, 01:19 PM. Reason: P.S.
    "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
    -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Maybe she honestly thought she HAD to sign, but that's still no reason to reach across the counter. That's just rude.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

*fantasy world*

Cashier: (slaps her hand) Bad customer! No sandwich for you!
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

They used to try and take my pen OUT OF MY HAND without so much as a "may I?" when I worked at Kinko's.

I used to just continue to grip it, sometimes even continuing to write with it.

Sometimes they would grit their teeth and ask, "Um, may I please borrow this?" in the tone of a pissed off little kid forced to use his "big boy manners" against his will. I love it when they are smart enough to know they've just been chastised.

Comment

I hate people that do this. Just today, in my Trigonometry class as the teacher was lecturing, the girl that sits next to me reached all the way across the aisle and snatched the calculator from my desk without a word. It's only the 2nd week into the class and I really hadn't said a word to her yet.

At least she turned it off and put the cover back on like it was when she decided to help herself

Chris

Comment

If only the cashier was Joe Pesci... One less SC

"Where's the tough guy who told my friend to stick it up his ?"
            free from the evil clutches of crappy tire

Comment

Working...
            X