X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A "blow up" tale

Here's a cute tidbit from today . . .I couldn't resist sharing

Our store is still slow due to the new WallyWorld that's opened near us. Some of my vendors have been hurting due to the lack of sales as well.

Today I had a soft drink delivery - first one Teddy Bear has sent since last week. I nearly fainted b/c the regular driver arrived BEFORE 12 (actually, Brad got there around 10) but never fear . . . hilarity was soon around the corner to break the monotony.

Turned out he had 3 of these blow-up dolls in the back of his trailer (used for POS merchandising.) One was lying near a stack of empty pallets near the rear of the trailer, already deflated. Two others were near the back of the truck, apparntly holding down pallets of product.

Can you see where this is going?

I couldn't resist . . . my mind went straight for the gutter (wouldn't it figure) and I had to start teasing a bit.

I walked onto the back of the trailer and commented "You better hope your wife doesn't find out about your girlfriends."

"Yeah," the driver said "that would be kinda embarrassing." He pointed to the deflated one as he took a pallet off the truck and replied "I had to let her down easy."

Me: Yep, that's probably the best way. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Hmmmm . . . come to think of it, I'm wondering if they were borrowed from Darwin. He may need them for the website he's thinking of developing (I won't post the name he's thinking of using . . . suffice to say it's not for kiddies.) I may ask tomorrow when he comes by.

I'm quite the little , aren't I?
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!! I KNEW it would involve dolls, and not just be a "mind in the gutter" type.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
    X