This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appearantly I'm A Weirdo

I (me) was at the grocery store with some friends yesterday and the lady checking out in front of us was receiving her change (CB (crazy bitch)). It didn't look like the guy at the register did anything wrong but the lady snapped...

CB: "You could have just thrown it at me. That would have been better."
    Me: "He didn't do anything wrong."
    CB: "You didn't see it."
    Me: "I was right here watching him give you the change."
    CB (angrily/demeaningly): "Sir, you weren't here the whole time." (True, but I SAW HIM give her the change. Nicely. Not thrown.)

...and then as she walked away she muttered rather loudly "What a bunch of weirdos."

The guy at the register said it was cool and I didn't need to say anything, but I still feel like that lady didn't have to be such a total bitch about it. And it makes me sad she called me a weirdo. If I ever see her again I'm gonna call her a fat old bitch and see how she likes getting her feelings hurt.
    Library techie by day, web designer by night.
    No time for sleep.

Quoth dreamisle View Post
    ...and then as she walked away she muttered rather loudly "What a bunch of weirdos."
    If being "normal" is being an anal-retentive hag like her, I'd rather be a weirdo any day!
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I've often been called "freak" or "weirdo"... and I wear that label proudly!
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

One of the twit's parting shots to me was the badge of "freak" (mmkay, I wish to get paid for my talents and time therefore I'm a freak...). My reply was an overly-cheerful "Thank you!" (I think that pissed her off more than anything)
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

A while back, I was doing a parade thingy and was making small talk with someone who went to high school at the same time as me. When I mentioned that I didn't recognize her, she told me that she knew who I was but that we had never spoken because I lived on the "wrong" side of the freeway and was "one of those people my mother warned me about".

I was SO thrilled! No scarcasm here, during my mispent youth I would have died with pleasure had anyone said such a thing. At the time it happened, I was in the most respectable stages of my life.

Enjoy those times when people think you are special and unique. You will likely spend many years being thought of as mundane and boring. Thats when remembering the freak times will make you happy.

Comment

I love it when people tell me I'm weird, or a freak.
            "Yes Sir/Ma'am/other. Indeed I am, Proud of it, too. Anything else I may do to make you go 'WTF?' today?"
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

If you *really* want to mess with the "normal" people, you can always reply with something like "well, at least I'm not afraid to be myself." That always throws them for a loop.

I've always considered myself "naturally goofy." Normal is boring. Trust me. Growing up, however, various people insisted I "act normal." Uh, ok. NOT! Even though I took *lots* of crap because of my quirks, I can honestly say that I don't have any regrets about it. Since I never made myself out to be something I wasn't, why should I?
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I loved being called a wierdo, or strange, or anything like that. I even go out of my way to be wierd sometimes, like when I came up behind my co-worker, and started chewing on his shoulder. Talk about . Plus sometimes I'll take empty candy boxes and put them on over my shoes, and walk around like that. I broke my manager's brain because of that. She came up to ask me something, noticed the boxes on my feet, stopped talking mid-word, and walked away.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Normal is boring, weird is amusing.
                  You're focusing on the problem. If you focus on the problem, you can't see the solution. Never focus on the problem! --From Patch Adams

Comment

I love being wierd, puts life in perspective for me. Mediocreity just annoys me, nothing beats doing strange things. Even if I get some looks from people, I'm happy that way. There's a song by the Red Hot Chili Peppers called "Freaky Styley", the chorus goes "I'm freaky styley and I'm proud!" That is defintely my song right there.
                    Last edited by ArenaBoy; 09-06-2006, 06:22 PM.
                    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I also believe that normal is boring. No one wants that. Trust me.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Be neurotic, normal is overrated.
                        Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Here's a thought for all of us "weirdos" -

I think we're the ones who are normal . .. all those boring, stuffy, stuck up, snobish idiots that call us freaks are the weirdos.

And for some reason, another thought comes to mind - I can't remember where I heard this line, but I'm glad I don't live by this motto -

"I'm an individual . . . just like everyone else."

Phoenix
                          "I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons" - Douglas Adams
                          "If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off . . . " - unknown

Comment

Man, I'm so abnormal, I've been known to scare people off of me. And the doctors told my mom they wanted me to ride the short bus for the rest of my life.

Heh, she mentally told them to screw themselves, and I'm still allowed to roam free throughout society like a good little nut.

So yes, be happy they called you weird. Not everyone can have that title and wear it proudly.
                            "I live in Los Angeles, and I was on the walk of fame. I was drunk, and I got a henna tattoo that says, 'Forever.'" -Zack Galifianakis

Call Sophia Moore or Kent E. Ryder for a good time!

Comment

Yes!!! There is, in fact, an equation that explains this- it's very simple:

Weird=Good Normal=Boring Wierd+Normal=Eeeeewwww....
                              Arsenic is 'natural'. Hemlock is 'organic'.

Comment

Working...
                              X