This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creepy....

So, Not five minutes ago my cell phone rings. Don't know the number, but my memory been pretty bad lately, so I answer.

Me: Hello?
    Caller: Hi <My name!>. Doesn't sound like a telemarketer, (Too early too I think).
    Me: ...um. Morning. Who's this?
    Caller: <Name>
    Me: ...uh... who?
    Caller: <giggles cute giggle> Your daughter!

Me: Um... Think you got the wrong number, I'm only 23, and I don't have a daughter.

Caller: Oh... Um... Ok. Have a good morning
    Me: You too

Strange.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

I've had that happen before; I've even done it myself.
    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

Still creepy. I may have a /common/ name, but what are the odds of a stranger calling me that thinking I was her father?
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Weird.

I don't think I've ever done that.

I think maybe once or twice I was going to call the man, and accidentally called my sister. And then another couple of times I meant to call my sister and got the man instead.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

In VA, we occasionally get a call from an elderly woman looking for someone named 'Gloria'. She quickly seems to realize that she's called a wrong number upon hearing my confused reaction, though.

Someone once called and asked for our home's previous owners, despite the fact that they haven't lived here for at least 5 years.

A guy once called late at night and asked if we were the 7-11. When I told him that this was a residence in a somewhat annoyed tone, he responded "Why are you getting angry? I'm the one who called a wrong number."

Back when I lived in CA, we often got calls from someone looking for 'Scott Downs'.

Comment

In the phone book for our town there is an entire page devoted to our surname its that common, but thats never happened to me.

Bizarre.
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I get almost that same reaction from my father and brother whenever I call them. It's like they forget that I exist.
              My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

Quoth Toujin View Post
                Someone once called and asked for our home's previous owners, despite the fact that they haven't lived here for at least 5 years.
                I can top that. The house I used to live in had been owned by someone else for 22 years. Still getting calls for multiple previous owners/residents.
                The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Last week my cell phone rang while I was at work. It was my mom. Usually my parents just send me email so I can answer them at my convenience, so if my phone actually rings I expect something potentially important.

She meant to call my dad.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post

She meant to call my dad.
                    Happens to my family. I once was going to call my mom for something and I ended up calling my grandma. Despite them not being close to each other in my cell phone's address book
                    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

When I was in grad school, I received messages for "Andy" to call "Eric" back. Well, I am Andy, but I knew no Eric at the time. They called back twice and each message was increasingly indignant that I had not called "Eric" back. I finally briefly changed the outgoing message saying that I knew no "Eric" and they have the wrong Andy. The message they left, according to my roommate, went like "Uh, oh, er...<click>"
                      Testing
                      "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Working...
                      X