This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Membership has its privileges

I am so happy that I avidly read the posts every day to see exactly what kind of SCs are out there. I have been looking for a new job since being downsized from the mail order music club last December. Last week, my brother called me and was very excited that he thought he found the perfect job for me to try for. Comcast always has postings on the job boards for customer service and he thought that would be perfect for me. After I quit laughing, I told him that the only way I would try for that job is if it is the only thing standing between me and starvation. I told him about the posts I have read on this site regarding just how sucky cable customers can be. Since I still have a few months of unemployment money left (as well as a good chunk of my separation bonus,) I told him that I appreciate his suggestion but I think I will keep looking. If a had not been a member of this site, I probably would have blindly applied for just that job. And since I am not one to admit defeat, I would have stuck with it for years (just like the music club) while hating every minute of it.
    "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

So you saved your sanity, congrats. Not many people can actually put up with that kind of hell, and the ones that can totally deserve a medal or something.
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
      Not many people can actually put up with that kind of hell, and the ones that can totally deserve a medal or something.
      where's my medal*-last friday was my 3 years in call-center hell day-um yay!?

I prefer sharp and pointy metal for no bad reasons of course
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
        where's my medal*-last friday was my 3 years in call-center hell day-um yay!?

I prefer sharp and pointy metal for no bad reasons of course
        I have a butter knife, will that work?
        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Blaque, I'll lend you my bodice daggar if you promise to give it back.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
            Blaque, I'll lend you my bodice daggar if you promise to give it back.
            Make sure she cleans it first Becky
            How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Yeah, I'm not especially fond of strangers' DNA on my stuff.
              Unseen but seeing
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working for the cable company has been by FAR the best job I've had (all previous had been retail), and it's where I plan to make a career out of. Not answering the phones, but in the company itself.

The pay is decent, the benefits are out of this world, and the SCs are usually more hilarious/crazy than headache inducing.

Just my
                "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                  Yeah, I'm not especially fond of strangers' DNA on my stuff.
                  Do they talk when they bring you the food? Are the kitchen staff talking? Do the servers talk when they pick up the food? Then congratulations, you have foreign DNA on your food.
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I think she was more referring to the possibility of, say, vital fluids remaining on the dagger she was going to be lending.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                      I think she was more referring to the possibility of, say, vital fluids remaining on the dagger she was going to be lending.

^-.-^
                      >_>
                      <_<

But in that case, what weapon *doesn't* look better with some blood on it? *retreats*
                      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                        Do they talk when they bring you the food? Are the kitchen staff talking? Do the servers talk when they pick up the food? Then congratulations, you have foreign DNA on your food.
                        I know, but...

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                        Yeah, that would be it.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

But in that case, what weapon *doesn't* look better with some blood on it? *retreats*
                          I'd agree but the police seem to like blood too. It's very inconvient.
                          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

One that hides in my cleavage, actually.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

To the OP, . I have to commend you for staying that long in SC hell.
                              Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 04-10-2008, 07:37 PM.
                              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                              X