Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That's a mighty nice middle finger you have...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's a mighty nice middle finger you have...

I think I just had the worst customer ever since I started working retail. I've had people snip at me, give me dirty looks, and tell me I'm stupid, but today was a first.

A lady came up to my counter and asked for a pound of turkey "shaved really thin." I had a pan of turkey that was pre-sliced, that was so thin it was crumbling. And was see-through.

She snaps at me, telling me it wasn't thin enough. I gave her a look, and then said, "It's crumbling it's so thin, I don't know if I can make it thinner, b-" The woman cuts me off.

"Fine, I'll get it from somewhere else!" And huffs off. I shrug, telling her as she's walking away, "Uh, okay. Have a good night."

I -was- going to tell her "but I can try to cut another type of turkey, it seems to crumble more." But, since she cut me off, I didn't bother trying.

About 5 minutes pass by. I suddenly see the evil woman and the manager on duty come up to the counter. Sigh. The MOD asks me if I can please try to cut it like she wants. I told him I would have done so before if she hadn't have cut me off and huffed away. I say whatever, and take my sweet time slicing it 'how she wants'. How she wanted it was basically in shreds so small it looked like it had been chewed up. It was crumbs. That's it. No slices. If she would have told me that in the first place, there'd be no problem. "Shaved really thin" indicates that they still want it in a relative slice.

And, it doesn't end there. I finish slicing, she and the manager leave. I go back to vent to my coworker, who before I even open my mouth says "Oh, she did NOT just run and get the manager to make you slice meat for her! What is she, a 4 year old tattling?"

He made me laugh a little bit, I go back to cleaning. 10 minutes or so later, I'm sweeping. I glance up to see what time it is. The bakery has a clock on the wall above their counter, so that's where I look. Guess who's at the bakery, looking at the cookies and things? She looks up, sees me looking that way, and promptly gives me the finger.

I guess she thought I'd be offended. I wasn't. I started laughing. There's just something about seeing a woman in her 60's, maybe 70's, glaring at you and giving the finger that struck me as greatly amusing.

the good news is, I told my manager about it and he told me I never have to wait on her again. I can pawn her off to a coworker, or if I'm alone, call the MOD to deal with her.

But...really. All of that, over grated lunch meat?
    Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

WHAT the? Over SLICED TURKEY?

I do have to say, thank you for the mental image of a 60-70 year old woman flipping off a deli employee. That is rich! I have to wonder what the blazes was going through her head, though...
    Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
    --Unknown

Comment

Not only is she oh so mature enough to go tattle on you, after the fact she flips you the bird. There is a special place for people like that...her little world must be terrible enough she tries hard as hell to make everyone else's just as miserable. lame.
      When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Too bad that finger wasn't a little closer to your machinery, or you could have had the pleasure of removing the problem right there.
        ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Quoth Amethyst Hunter View Post
          Too bad that finger wasn't a little closer to your machinery, or you could have had the pleasure of removing the problem right there.
          There was a nice big knife next to me...I had to fight the urge to wave it at her
          Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

She must be related to the thin bacon lady.

Comment

If I were the MOD, I would've banned her from the store.
              "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

To me, "shaved" means...well...not in slices, let me tell you.

And please, take pity on your deli people and don't ask for a pound of shaved anything. It takes FOREVER.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                  To me, "shaved" means...well...not in slices, let me tell you.

And please, take pity on your deli people and don't ask for a pound of shaved anything. It takes FOREVER.
                  Personally, same here. But we have a guide that's on our counter that we have to follow. And "shaved" is still one piece on it. There's shaved, then crumbling on it. So when people say shaved, we gotta keep it as a piece.

And yes, it does take forever
                  Pit bull-

Comment

"Are you showing me a booger?"

Comment

If we don't get shaved meat from the deli, where do we get it?
                      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Working...
                      X