Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's a small world after all. (Little long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a small world after all. (Little long)

You always hear that saying. Has it been proven to you guys yet? It has for me. Many times. Like the following. (Names changed)

My best friend when I was 4 was Danial. That is until something happened, and he had to move. Nether of us got the other number, so life really just went on.

When I was 12, my mom got a job at a Film place. She, being who she is, got alot friends there. Including George and Jane.
    George invited us over to a party of his a few years later, and I was hanging out with the other /teens/. Jonah, Clint, Jake. Just a one night deal.

When I went to High School for a small bit, I joined an Ultimate Frisbee team. Not great friends with the team, (Matter of fact, I'm pretty sure it was a mutal hatred). However one was girl. I admit at the time I had a crush on her, but never had a chance. Just for future references. Her name was Amy.

Later on, when I was 17, I started to hang out at the local convience store. I became friends with the clerk, Bob. He use to go to same high school as I did. Shocking!. Small. Anyway, we all went to a small GED school. ( I alraedy gotten it, I just went there for free internet courses, and he was an assissant there). The people there, as a reward for those who kept their studies up, decided to take everyone to the bowling ally. (I was invited too ) Among the way, Bob was talking to his other friend about one of his High School friend, and how crazy he is. He mentions his name is Daniel. Then he mentioned the reason why he is crazy. It matched what happened to my own friiend on why he moved. (It was pretty big reason). I then proceed to ask how long ago that was, and then proceed to spin off three names. Danial's sisters, and his mom. They were right. He gave me the number, and I called. So after several years, we both changed alot, but we're still good friends. Just a small world.

When I started to go to collage, I met some cool people. We rapidly became good friends, and thats how I started playing RPGs. One was named Jake. He looked vaguly familar, but couldn't remember where I seen him before. Guess whom his GF at the time was! AMY! The girl from Ultimate Frisbee team.
    Anyway some weeks go by, and I'm talking to mom about my friends. She asks if I know a Clint. I say Not really, who is that. She says that's the son of George and Jane, and I went to a party with them years ago. (The three boys I hanged out with at the party).

Guess who it really was? Yep. Jake. He hated his real name, so he goes by his Middle name. Also, guess who went to the same class in High School? Yep. Danial, Jake, and Bob. Bob disliked the others, but were public friends. (If that makes sense). Danial likes everyone, and Jake found the others annoying, but made an effort to support them when needed. SO! To recap.

Danial: First friend. Got lost over years, became friends because of Bob.

Bob: Went to High School with the others, helped me get job where I am now, and become friends with Danial again.

Jake: Also goes by Clint. Son of George and Jane, went to party years ago with him, but we both went by different names. then. His girlfriend Amy I went to school with.

Amy: Girl I had a crush on years ago, girlfriend of Jake.

George and Jane: Both coworkers of my mom for years. Parents to Jake.

Scary how those small coincdents can happen over the years. What about you guys?
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

My boyfriend and I recently threw a BBQ so our families could meet. Our mothers got to talking about their family roots...

Turns out my boyfriend and I are distant relatives.

Comment

Quoth Norton View Post
      My boyfriend and I recently threw a BBQ so our families could meet. Our mothers got to talking about their family roots...

Turns out my boyfriend and I are distant relatives.
      Think about that next time your kissing. 'I'm related to him'.

Now I say you abuse that if ya feel like freaking people out. Could be funny.

Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

My dad's dad (grnadma's ex-hubby) met and married another woman years after he and grandma split up. This woman had a few kids with him. One of those kids had a daughter named Kathy, who lived across the street from my dad for about 5 years. She had a son (who died in a drowning accident a few years earlier) and a daughter about my age.

Well, my dad was always very angry at his dad for never even wanting to see him or his family. So it had been 15-20-some years since he had spoken to him. Well, my dad was talking with Kathy about family roots and such, and they discovered they were related and that he was her uncle! I haven't seen them in a long time, since my dad moved from that town 10 years ago. I ran into her daughter Michelle, at a swimming pool a few years after he moved, and we talked a bit. But haven't since. She and I were pretty good friends, and I kinda wonder what she's been up to.
        "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

Ah, the interconnectedness of all things.

I love when I can trace that sort of stuff.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

One of my ex's is engaged to the good friend, of a fiance' of another friend of mine.
            *reads the sentence again* wow, it sounds like a soap opera!

Also, my BFF from high school and I, when we first went to visit each other, turned out our parents had worked together for years and spoken about us when we were little
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I grew up and graduated from high school in Chesapeake, VA.

I now live in Mishawaka, IN.

One day a couple of years ago, I was at work and a customer walked in, in the course of chatting with her I find out that she is in town from Hampton, Va visiting her husband's family. So, I tell her where I'm originally form and we get to talking about high schools and where we went. Turns out, I graduated from high school with her BIL!

Small world.

I also have a cousin who lives in Kokomo about 1 1/2 hours south of here.

Comment

Small world coincidences:

1 - My parents and I used to go to St. Louis for vacation every year (Dad had some family down there). One time, while we were at the hotel hanging out at the swimming pool we heard "Hey *surname* what are you doing down here?" It turned out to be some people that lived in the town north of where we did.

2 - Now I live 45 minutes from my hometown. Well, I went into work one day and had to turn in a copy of my grandfather's obit so I could take a couple days off. I showed the head cashier a copy of it and she commented about the town my grandfather was from. She said she had some family there as well. Turned out that I knew her family and went to church with them regularly when I was growing up. Plus, I knew a couple of cousins of her's from outside of town.
                Answers are easy...it is asking the right questions which is hard.

Comment

Working...
                X