This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What spoiled people do to nature...

There is a plaid by my house that I shopped at, and use to work at a year ago. In the middle of the parking lot was avearge size tree, maybe 20 feet tall? with huge branches that covered a good spot in shade. It was a nice tree. So, today I see it its gone. I ask the workers, 'Oh oh, why is thou greatness of trees is goneth?' where there reply was "Foolish people, they hated nature. Though their brains were too small to understand parking somewhere else, they choose the remaind there and take the leaves to float and carress it summer's warm embrace.

Basically, someone complained that when he parkeed there, the tree drop leaves on his car. So he went to higher managment, and chopped it down. No-more acient tree, because some spoiled brat doesnt want to pick up LEAVES!! Proof about stupid people really are.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Jordan used to have a quite large amount of shade around his house thanks to a couple old, huge trees (somewhat rare in Lubbock for lots to have natural shade and that's why he got the place he did).

Some new tenants in the front lot decided the trees were dropping too many leaves when it got windy, so they chopped them down. Left all the debris on and around his car, of course. The largest of the trees weren't even on their property--both were on his.

Of course, he's renting so I don't know what the owner's say in it was, but at the very least he should have been notified that this was going to be done.

He was almost wishing his car had been damaged so he could have confronted them about it...
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

it almost makes me cry inside hearing about people who do stuff like that, no regard to nature or respect for it
      i have a feeling im going to have a tough job ahead of me if i go into policy

Comment

Though it is funny when someone comes into the store with their legs covered in Poison Ivy. They don't seem to get the hint of why everyone wears long pants while hiking. You can spot them a mile a way, they have a really funny walk.
        "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

Pisses me off that they do that. Come on, we need trees for AIR!!!!!
          The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I purchased my house 5 years ago. I have a HUGE old tree in my front yard (For the life of me, I cannot remember what kind of tree it is right now!), and it's about 4 feet from the road; half on my property, half belonging to the city I live in. They offered to cut it down, because they want to put a sidewalk my side of the street. I told them that this tree has been her far longer than any of us, and I want it. It cools my house in the summer, warms it in the winter, blocks the glare I would normally get without it.

However.... It makes the soil acidic, therefore I don't have much grass in my front yard. Also, the roots are beginning to buckle (a tad bit) my front walk and driveway. Some of it roots are also under my foundation.

And the BIG however... It's old. And BIG. Branches overhang my house. I live in central Florida. WHEN a big hurricane hits, I know one of these massive limbs will take out my roof or car. So far, it hasn't happened, but sooner or later...

For now, I'm glad I have my tree. Gives the lizards some place to camp out.
            Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Quoth Knightmare View Post
              And the BIG however... It's old. And BIG. Branches overhang my house. I live in central Florida. WHEN a big hurricane hits, I know one of these massive limbs will take out my roof or car. So far, it hasn't happened, but sooner or later...

For now, I'm glad I have my tree. Gives the lizards some place to camp out.
              Keep the tree, but there's nothing wrong with some pruning. Get some professionals to take care of it. Cheaper than if it does take out your roof. Also, might be good for the tree.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Where I live we have an area called "The Wood Streets". Basically old streets from the 1900's named after trees and whenever possible lined with the tree its named for (pines on pine street, magnolia's on magnolia, etc). The houses run between 400K and 600K. So its not the rich area (where houses start at 1 million , but its up there). Anyways a while back some people moved onto one of the streets and complained that birds living in the trees were leaving droppings on their cars and leaves were falling from the trees. They wanted the city to chop down the trees and were throwing a big fit about it. Luckly the city historic society got involved and said it would ruin the area if the Wood Streets trees were cut down. I still can't understand why you would move into an area known for its trees and then complain about the trees.

Comment

Same thing happened at the post office I go to. The parking lot used to be shaded by huge eucalyptus trees, but they all got cut down, I don't know why. And now there's no shade in that lot, which means if you're parked for even a few minutes, your car is BAKING hot when you come back to it.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

The only reason for that, is because people like to bitch about everything and anything. Doing that to a tree is just messed up.
                    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

On campus, there was a baby tree (some species of pine, I believe) starting to grow up through the walkway to my apartment. I was going to get one of the groundskeepers to help me transplant it elsewhere on campus so it could grow undisturbed. Cute little thing, it was about 10 inches high when I found it. It was the coolest thing, seeing that everything else growing outside of the managed courtyard and shrubbery areas was weeds. I was just impressed it continued to thrive even with all the foot traffic, etc.

I come home one afternoon (planning to call my pal in facilities then)...it's gone. I'm not sure if somebody demanded it be removed, or some idiot student yanked it up.
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

If it was an alder, it probably should have gone anyways, those things start dropping branches if you look at them sideways.

Perhaps they can replant a cedar or other non-deciduous tree there? Lord knows, Oregon has a wide variety of firs and pines to choose from.

Comment

Working...
                        X