This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lets pay in 20$ day and more wtf

i have no idea what was in the air today but i had an unusual amount of cash customers, most of them paid in 20$. i had 960$ in 20$ when i closed out my shift.

i had a nice customer who wanted to pay with his credit card, i had helped him apply for one earlier in the week so he didnt have the actual card on him, and i cant read bar codes at my register so i had to call the credit people to get the #, conversation went like this.

thank you for calling credit services how may i help you

yes im calling for customer account look up.

ssn please,

cust does not want to use ssn he wants to use phone # (note i know this can be done i do it all the time)

thank you for calling credit services *CLICK

wtf man, i call back and tell the next service person what happened unfortunaly i could not complain about him diecectly because i didnt have his name or his employee id, i did ask the girl to tell the manager about the incedent and to send out a memo that yes you can use phone # to look up an account, she agreed that the guy was an ass and that she would pass on the info.

something is fishy to me for a person who works at a credit place to only take ssn when there is so much identity theft going around

and the day wears on

as im ringing out the cust with the credit problem, another couple comes in and wants tires, it is 7:40 by this point, we close at 8,

im sorry but i dont think we will have time for your tires tonight,

but the guy i talked to K said to come on down so we drove all the way from temecula (which is about an hours drive) since they did not have the tires we needed.

well let me check with him to make sure im sure we can work something out.

i talk to K who is the assistant manager, he gets this look on his face, i didnt realize they were comming down from temecula, i guess we will take them, and he talks the techs in to staying for a little while longer so we can get his tires done.

i go out to the truck, it has lt265/75R16 sized tires, which are rather large, im thinking dooooooooooooooom

i write up the ticket, and hand it to the guys who have already racked the car and i tell them i needed to ring out all the other customers that were waiting and asked them to pull the tires for me.

after im done with the customers i see J and K walking to the tire store room, its about 30 mins since i wrote up the ticket.

dont tell me you havent pulled the tires yet, yah we are gonna get them right now (giggle)

hmmmm

no really the truck is done and ready to go D is pulling it out now.

wtf im thinking, now these are giant tires, and would take regularly about an hour to work with and if it was durring the day i would have probably quoted 2 hours given other customers, and all of a sudden they bust out gigantor tires in 30 mins what is wrong with today i sware.

i also had a nemisis of good year a few times today, i was off yesterday and some tires that i had ordered came in, i look at them and they are definatly not the tires that i wanted, so i call the customer and told him they were in and that they were not the right tires, but if he wanted to take a look at them he could see if he still wanted to buy them, if not i will send them back and get the right ones.

cust comes out and looks at the tires, and decides that he wants the original ones that he wanted, i look at the info slip that came with them and compared them to the sales slip,

yah good year sent me the wrong tires

tires sent
    http://www.goodyearfortera.com/goodyearfortera/html/

tires that we wanted to order
    http://www.goodyearwrangler.com/good...html/index.jsp

as you can see that there is quite a difference in these tires, i hadnt really looked at them i saw they were still silent armors but the diffecnces are great, compared, the wrangler is snowflake rated, and the other isnt, plus the traction compared is just not the same as well as the construction of the tire which is compared to lt versiong to suv version.

oh well i get to call them on monday and complain and ask them what they want me to do with these tires they sent me.

those goodyear guys got me again when i was walking around, i noticed several blimps laying around, blow up blimps, the small ones caught my eye first, so i start to blow them up, they are tough little buggers i tell you, and then i see a rather large blimp, with nothing better to do i grab it and start to inflate it, ok it is the worst ever i have been trying to blow up that damn blimp for a while now and i have given up, its now laying on my couch and i am defeted as good year laughs at my lack of lung power and cramped cheeks.
    "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Quoth queenbb View Post
    those goodyear guys got me again when i was walking around, i noticed several blimps laying around, blow up blimps, the small ones caught my eye first, so i start to blow them up, they are tough little buggers i tell you, and then i see a rather large blimp, with nothing better to do i grab it and start to inflate it, ok it is the worst ever i have been trying to blow up that damn blimp for a while now and i have given up, its now laying on my couch and i am defeted as good year laughs at my lack of lung power and cramped cheeks.
    I wish I could one of those inflatable blimps. It would like nice hanging over my train layout next to my inflatable seaplane (courtesy of Corona).
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      I wish I could one of those inflatable blimps. It would like nice hanging over my train layout next to my inflatable seaplane (courtesy of Corona).
      i wonder if it would be the right size

the small ones were about 4 in long. they were pretty cute actually.
      "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

The Wranglers look like what I put on my truck. There's no way I'd settle for the others. They're pretty good tires.

Eric the Grey
        In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

The actual Goodyear blimp is docked at the Goodyear plant in Akron, Ohio (or at least it used to be) I grew up in Cleveland (about 30 miles from Akron) I was so amazed by that thing when I was a kid. It made appearances all the time at Indians and Browns (early in the season) games and a lot of outdoor summer events. I remember thinking it was the coolest thing ever!
          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth queenbb View Post
            Someone pulled out an inflatable dolphin (52 inches) at work yesterday. SM Cathy said to blow it to use for display but that she didn't want to do it because her lungs would give out. So what did I do?

Used the helium tank. Less than ten seconds and it was up and sitting on my Luau display.
            Last edited by RetailWorkhorse; 05-18-2008, 02:04 PM. Reason: puncuation
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
              The actual Goodyear blimp is docked at the Goodyear plant in Akron, Ohio (or at least it used to be) I grew up in Cleveland (about 30 miles from Akron) I was so amazed by that thing when I was a kid. It made appearances all the time at Indians and Browns (early in the season) games and a lot of outdoor summer events. I remember thinking it was the coolest thing ever!
              i have never seen it live before but it must be amazing
              Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
              The Wranglers look like what I put on my truck. There's no way I'd settle for the others. They're pretty good tires.

Eric the Grey
              those are my fave truck tires ever, the wranglers that is, i dont blame him for wanting to send the others back but i still gave him the choice.
              Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
              Someone pulled out an inflatable dolphin (52 inches) at work yesterday. SM Cathy said to blow it to use for display but that she didn't want to do it because her lungs would give out. So what did I do?

Used the helium tank. Less than ten seconds and it was up and sitting on my Luau display.
              i dont have access to a helium tank, i know there is one in the store some where though. i was gonna use one of our portable powers with air compressor but one of the customers came up to ask me a question and it wasnt going too fast when i did hook it up. as you can see i finally sat down and filled it up after i got home. yes ill bring it back.

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                The actual Goodyear blimp is docked at the Goodyear plant in Akron, Ohio (or at least it used to be) I grew up in Cleveland (about 30 miles from Akron) I was so amazed by that thing when I was a kid.
                There is no "the" Goodyear blimp. They have three of them.

The Akron one is the original location, since that's where their headquarters is. The one in Akron is called The Spirit of Goodyear. Then there's the one I've been seeing all of my life, based out of Carson, CA (the airfield is right off the 405 freeway, and it's interesting to watch them try to land it in a high crosswind) and is called The Spirit of America. The third is based out of Pompano, FL, and is called The Spirit of Innovation.

Actually, the blimp we have out in Cali isn't the same blimp as before. The older blimp was larger and less ugly. Even so, it's still really cool to spot them floating about. My aunt's dog used to bark her head off at it, though. Dumb dog.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth queenbb View Post
                  I wonder if it would be the right size (image clipped)
                  the small ones were about 4 in long. they were pretty cute actually.
                  That is a lovely model of the blimp.

Four inches is a bit small. The proper size for my N-scale train layout would be 14.4 inches, but I'm not choosey. I once considered having an N-scale model of the Hindenburg. That would be five feet long.

I once had a working relationship with a Goodyear rep. Courtesy of him, I have a lovely Goodyear blimp belt buckle (which my wife won't let me wear until I lose some weight ), a book about the Goodyear blimp, and one year a half pound of chocolate in the shape of the blimp.

Alas, for the moment I have to be satisfied with my model of the Goodrich blimp (2 points for reference).
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

" lt265/75R16 sized tires"

" it has lt265/75R16 sized tires"

These numbers sounded familiar, went out to my truck to check, and sure enough, these are the tires my truck takes, they are not huge tires, they are normal tires. My tire place takes maybe 20 minutes to change out all four tires. Why would you quote up to 2 hours?

Comment

Quoth kdruboen View Post
                      " it has lt265/75R16 sized tires"

These numbers sounded familiar, went out to my truck to check, and sure enough, these are the tires my truck takes, they are not huge tires, they are normal tires. My tire place takes maybe 20 minutes to change out all four tires. Why would you quote up to 2 hours?
                      our shop is extremely understaffed at this time, and alot of the guys are newer and dont have speed and multitasking down yet. so when their are a few cars in the bay times will go up. we try to get them in and out as fast as we can, alot of the guys are teaming up and working together it saves time most of the time. and since a few of our equipment is down (1 alignment rack, the "saber" which diagnosis alternator and starter issues and the large truck lift mainly. it was alot worse when we had our low pro machine go down leaving us with only one working tire machine, and no way to do low profile tires.

they are not huge, but they are rather large considering we mostly get car tires. i live in san diego and alot of people are getting rid of their trucks unless they are for work or driving something smaller to save on gas. with alot of people who commute from north county to south county every day, the back lash from the fires we had last october, no one has been bringing in the big trucks as much as they use too.
                      Last edited by queenbb; 05-19-2008, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X