This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The suckiest of customers. (longish)

I'm not sure where to put this, so I will just stick it here. I went to Walgreens today and say an older lady throw a 2 yr old temper tantrum.
    Let me start at the beginning here. I dropped off a prescription at 11am today for blood pressure meds. Around 4pm the computers went down. I called back around 5:30 and they were still down but mine was ready, has been since noon. Fast forward to about 6:30. I drive to Walgreens and decided to go in since there still down. When I got to the pharmacy there was a couple of people waiting, and this one older lady was not looking to happy. I walk up and give my info and she hands me my meds. I pulled out the bottles to check to make sure they were correct and next thing I know that older lady jumps out of her chair and rushes the counter and grabs my meds and fires them back at the pharmacist, just barely missing the back of this girls head, who is working the window.

She them screams that she wants her medicine now and why am I getting mine ahead of her. She starts stamping her foot (I kid you not!) while yelling that I am getting preferencial treatment. The older pharmacist asks her to leave and that he is calling the cops. He is trying to explain that mine has been ready since before the computers went down and with the computers down, there is no way to verify through her insurance. He goes on to tell her that she can pay full price or she can wait till the comp is back up. She is not listening.

Meanwhile, I'm just standing there in shock. I have never witnessed such a childish display. I finally come to my senses and say to the woman, "Maam, I put my prescription in at 11 am this morning and it was ready long before the computers went down. I don't appreciate you grabbing my BP meds and throwing them. I could press charges against you for assault. If you would have listened to the pharmacist here, he is trying to explain the wait and that it is out of there control. Now either sit your ass down over there and wait or go home."

About that time the police arrived and took over. I don't think that she heard a word of what I said cause she started screetching at the police about how Walgreens is playing favorites cause I'm younger. WTF!!!! She also said that she has never seen such rudeness and that she as a customer should never be treated like that. The police asked me what happened and I explained everything to him and all he could do was look at here like she had a horn growing out of her head.

They took her to jail, I'm not pressing charges against here, I just feel sorry for her to have to resort to a childish temper tantrum to get her way, which by the way, didn't work. But the Pharmacist is pushing charges (at least that is what I heard). I left and went to the gym and laughed about it the entire time.
    Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

sounds like she might need the BP meds as well... well then again maybe not...

Comment

Some kind of meds, or maybe a lower dose.

Comment

if you still have the option, contact the police and press charges

it would be a service to employees everywhere to have one less nutcase to deal with.

and her next tantrum might be to shove a child in front of an underground train
        DILLIGAF

Comment

maybe she had two horns growing out of her head? *sounds like it*

sounds like a scrip for a sizable dose of valium might come in handy for her; if she'd had grabbed my meds...hell would have broken loose.
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Most, if not all, of the elderly people I see/know have never gotten that angry. I don't see how it's healthy for someone in that age bracket to get so full of anger. Wouldn't it cause a heart attack or something?

Maybe she has a mental problem that causes her to break into extreme outbursts, like bipolar disorder or something.

Comment

Sounds like she needs a 72 stay at the local mental health hospital with a daily allotment of Haldol.

Did she damage your bottle of BP meds? Did the pharmacist have to re-bottle your Rx?

I'd press charges...that would at least keep her off the street for a few days.

Comment

I would have been furious! The old bag would not have liked me: I would have pressed charges and looked into suing her for "stress" (note to self: Drive thru is your friend).

Comment

I think I would have pressed charges, too, for no other reason than I feel like this person needs a quick lesson on the fact that she is expected to act like an adult, and if she doesn't, other adults will resolve the problem in an adult fashion.

Comment

wow. I mean, just, like, wow!
                    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Erin View Post
                      Did she damage your bottle of BP meds? Did the pharmacist have to re-bottle your Rx?
                      No, the lid stayed on. Which is good for her, cause if the lid would have came off and the pills scattered, I would have been really pissed. I didn't have alot of time to wait, that is why I went in to pick them up, I'm usually in the drive through.

I would have been more concerned if a little kid would have found a stray pill and tried to eat it. The child could have either died or gotten really sick and that would have opened the pharmacist and Walgreens up to a lawsuit.

Comment

Lock her up and throw away the key with all the other crazies.

The people at those facilities get paid WELL to put up with lunatics; the general public does not, and employees at stores do not get compensated enough to deal with the mentally insane.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                          Lock her up and throw away the key with all the other crazies.

The people at those facilities get paid WELL to put up with lunatics; the general public does not, and employees at stores do not get compensated enough to deal with the mentally insane.
                          Oh, but thanks to a previous president, I believe it was Reagan, there is a dearth of facilities. All the crazies are now out on the streets---and in the stores being SCs!
                          Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
                            Oh, but thanks to a previous president, I believe it was Reagan, there is a dearth of facilities. All the crazies are now out on the streets---and in the stores being SCs!
                            Actually Reagan only started closing California's mental hospitals down (it was a bipartisan thing: look up Lanterman-Petris-Short) as reforms in the way the hospitals operated began to be considered. It was the late 1960's when the laws started changing & the mid-late 1970's when the state hospitals started closing down. The states stopped funding the mental hospital: they were not federal institutions anymore than state prisons are federal correction centers. BTW Reagan did not start his presidency until 1981 (he was elected in Nov '80 and sworn in Jan '81).
                            Last edited by csdrone; 09-15-2006, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Ironically, we had a number of bona fide crazies that came into Kinko's and only one of them was a real problem. We had a regular schizophrenic that would come in and vacuum for us (we'd pay him with food) and sometimes we'd use him to intimidate SCs. We had a chick that was, among other things, a germaphobe who wore wool gloves, turtlenecks, and a hat year round...it's South Carolina, okay? It gets to be 110 degrees +humidity here.
                              We had a guy who looked like a shaved chihuahua that wore women's accesories and carried a purse, yet insisted on being called "Mister" So and So, who brought in his manifesto every so often to have it run off. None of these people were Sucky.

No, the Sucky ones were the ones who HADN'T been diagnosed with a mental disorder and then turned loose on the streets to fend for themselves. Which tells you a lot about sucky people, when mentally ill people act better than they do.

Comment

Working...
                              X