Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D'oh. AKA: Why Repsac shouldn't be allowed around displays.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D'oh. AKA: Why Repsac shouldn't be allowed around displays.

This isn't in oops, because well, I'm rather unemployed currently while moving building and such. However, it's rather amusing to read, and still gets a laugh.

This happened a few days ago.

I was in Wal-Mart, bored as anything. I forget why I had gone in there, maybe to pick something up, maybe to just kill time. Whatever it was, there was no pressing reason for me to be there.

Wandering about, I found myself in electornics. The computer games caught my attention for a moment, before I decided to see what (if anything) wal-mart had in hardware that looked good. As I meandered about, I happened to look up and see that some moron with the IQ of a garden snail, had decided that they were going to steal a laptop. Not just any laptop, but the non working display model.

They had managed to get it slid partly up before something in the back of their mind said. "Hey, this thing is too light...and it's plastic? Wait a minute here..." They left it like that, sticking mostly out of the hard plastic display. A display aimed at preventing theft of the fake computer.

Heading over to a lady that works there, I smiled. "You've got a problem." I said and went on to tell her about what I found. Further, I walked with her over there to look at it. We shared a great laugh, before she wondered aloud "How did they get it out? What's worse, how am I getting it back in? (this thing is BOLTED to the shelf)

"That's easy." I said. "Just pull on the plastic some, and slide the thing back in. HEre, I'll show you." I pulled some on the plastic, it gave and the laptop started sliding back in. However, it got stuck. "Oh crap. Maybe just a bit more." I said and moved the plastic a hair further. It didn't like that. The instant I did that, there's a loud ringing "POP!" and the whole top half of the display came off in my hands.

The associate was laughing so hard she was fit to be tied! She litterally started to cry as she watched me stand there with this thing in my hands wonder what the heck I would do next. I almost handed it to her before just sighing and weakly putting it back up (ballancing on the bottom half) turning and walking off. "You didn't see me." I muttered.

As I left, the manager happened to see me at the door. Looking over he grinned and then broke out laughing. Oh yes. He knew. There's no question he knew. Great. I wonder how long before one of them post about the idiot who broke the display.
    Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

So I was in this store the other day looking for a new laptop. I am standing there and out of the corner of my, I see some guy trying to force a laptop back into it's display. He was pushing so hard that it finally...................

Just kidding.

Comment

You tried, and you gave a few underpaid, underappreciated retail employees a good laugh. Fair trade for the damage.

BTW, I've been going through your posts, and only found a couple on Churchlady. How about the whole story?
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Even better are the people who wonder why the cardboard box TV's won't work. (The ones they put in display entertainment centers.)
        "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

got a bit of an update. Rather amusing one.

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
            got a bit of an update. Rather amusing one.
            Well?? Some of us are waiting (im)patiently.
            I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Oh, it's not on this. It's in another thread. Work Chat I think.

Comment

Working...
              X