X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hate Your Business's Commercials?

If they have them, that is.

I must say that most of ours are pretty standard stuff.

But there is one lately that irritates me.

It is the one for Lowe's, where they have the guy, and he keeps getting asked about appliances. This isn't in the store, this is apparently during his off time.

The worst part is at the end,
    AG - Appliance Guy
    SN - Stupid Neighbor

AG - "Hey Mr. (blah), how are you.
    SN - "Hey, do you know much about (blah)?"
    AG - "Whatta ya wanna know." (slurred pretty bad)
    SN - "EVERYTHING"

Plus, the guy seems happy about it.

Gimme a break, I hate getting asked stuff off the clock. Friends and family are a different story, but some random people in the neighborhood, ask me when i'm getting payed.

[ /\/\

PS. People think that because I work at Lowe's I love Nascar and/or Jimmie Johnson. That's hilarious.

--post your gripe--
    Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.

CVS used to have ads for the "ExtraBucks." They would show people opening their pill bottles and finding cash inside. This led many customers to believe that the "ExtraBucks" was just cash that we pulled out of the register and handed to them, when in reality, it was a coupon for "cash."

I have told many tales of horror regarding this subject.

Olive juice you too.

Comment

I really used to hate the Canadian Tire ads when I worked there-with the Canadian Tire Guy, the Canadian Tire Wife, the Canadian Tire Son, and several Canadian Tire Nephew's. Oh, how I pitied the Canadian Tire Neighbour...

But now the new ads are pretty good, I think-I really like the one where the two old guys are about to duke it out while helping their grandsons shop for hockey equipment.
      I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

For anyone who lives in Canada, I'm sure you are familiar with the commercials that my place of employment makes (well, used to make... they finally found out that they were annoying and a national joke)

Speaking of our commercials being a national joke, lets see what Rick Mercer thinks of them:

http://www.cbc.ca/mercerreport/video...ml?canvassizer
        http://www.cbc.ca/mercerreport/video...?canadian_tire
        free from the evil clutches of crappy tire

Comment

Apparently, there's Stop and Shop commercials somewhere, as they've filmed a commercial for the company at the store I work at about a year ago.

They don't seem to air them in the NY Metro area for some strange reason, though. Too much money for the spots to air, or not enough stores in the metro area to care?
          Last edited by DerangedHermit; 09-15-2006, 05:29 AM.

Comment

i work for a movie theater
            the first commercial for their credit card... i hated it although i seemed to be one of the only ones that i knew that did

Comment

The school I work for has been re-running the same commercials for as long as I can remember. *I* don't think it says much for a school to be "advertising" the same person taking the same classes for over 5 years....does't sound very successful to me...
              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

The worst part is when he pulls into his driveway and his neighbor wants to know some things about ice makers. The guy asks him what he wants to know. The neighbor says "everything." Lowe's is trying to encourage abuse of its employees. How many employees are pissed at the commercials? All of them.

And of course, they always get actors for those commercials. They never get real employees. It is always some guy that has never had to put up with a stupid question and obnoxious customers. He just sets foot on the set for a few hours and then never has to deal with again. It is disgusting. I would never work for a company that encourages harrassment of its employees. ("But the guy in the commercial is so friendly! You aren't being like the guy in the commerical!!")

Comment

OK time to out myself. I work for Office Depot.

Our commercials aren't funny or entertaining. I assure that 99 percent of our stores don't look like they do in the commercials. Perhaps corporate headquarters, but not my scuffed-floor---overflowing-garbage-I-mean-recycle-bins---potholed-receiving-floor store.

Comment

Our current "ask the expert" ones aren't bad, but the prior one(s) just stank. It was the exact same add with an annoying announcer saying the promo of the week overtop the actors talking. It was funny once, but after 4 months it was just plain bad.

I like the first ones from our rebranding, Especially the escalator catapult one. (sadly, we don't have an escalator where I work, or I probably would have rigged it like that. )
                    I AM the evil bastard!
                    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Yeah, the Lowe's commercials aren't too bad. I'm glad we don't have to wear a uniform. I wear shorts and a t-shirt so no one knows where I work.

When I worked at RadioShack, we had uniforms. So when I was on lunch at the mall food court, I would get questions all the time about Shack Crap products.
                      SC: "Hey, I got a question, you have an answer!"
                      Me: "I'm off the clock. The store is down that way."

As for their current commercials with the big red chair... absolutely horrible! It was better when they had Howie and Terri and all the other "celebrities" doing the commercials. But we used to crack on those too.

The one commercial campaign that really stands out tho, are the old ones for Little Caesars. They always made me crack up.

Oh, and I hate commercials for small, locally owned companies. They almost always feature children - grandkids or the owner's small children talking on camera. "Buy my daddy's wawa. It tastes gweat!"

Ok, I got a little off topic there... sorry
                      Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Don't forget Jeff Gordon. You have to love Jeff Gordon.
                        Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Exactly, one of the bad parts is that the guy has on a shirt with our logo on it. I can't afford them myself. I make decent money, but they are like 40 to 50 dollar a piece. Yeah Right.

Lowe's Name on it = $50,
                          K-mart generic same color = $5

And Knightmare, I know exactly what your talking about with the local Mom n' Pop stores doing commercials. I can't stand them, their not cute, just irritating. They might think their kids are cute, I don't. Back when I worked for a locally owned restaurant, our commercial was so bad we had to pull it because of all the complaints. I still don't know who's brilliant idea it was.

Keep em comin.
                          CM
                          Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.

Comment

The star of every commercial that my supermarket does is someone I hate with all my stored up hatred. -___-
                            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

I work for an indirect cellular store, but the company we sell, their commercials are either bland, or friggin awesome. Like the one we had during the Superbowl made my freaking year. There's one with a bunch of guys badly dancing in an office that cracks me up. There's one more about their GPS feature with a bunch of guys freaking out "Don't agitate the dots!" that's freaking hilarious, but I cannot find it on YouTube.

If someone here works for Honda and doesn't talk about the crab, then seriously. You have no sense of humor!
                              I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

Comment

Working...
                              X