This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about quitting the pharmacy

A month ago, (August 19th to be exact) my pharmacy bought out a local mom n' pop pharmacy downtown. They've been on the decline for years, I grew up in this town and remember them having 3 or 4 stores in the region, now, they're only down to 1, with that one being more of a grocery store than a pharmacy.

Anyway, this particular pharmacy delivered to customers, (we don't) and we opted to take this on as a way of retaining them, a common courtesy. The job of delivering fell to me, which I wasn't too keen on, but, I was the only local worker at Pharmacy (college town, transient workforce, nobody knows all the side streets like I do) so why not? I figured people would be glad to get a favor

That was a month ago, I'm now about ready to quit because I can't take the baseless complaining anymore

I've had people

-Complain because I call them to make sure they're home before I try a delivery
    -Complain we don't offer delivery every day (the last place didn't, they were MWF, like us, we tried to do it daily, but I can't get any of my stuff done if I'm out of the store for 2 hours a day)
    -Complain I won't leave stuff on thier doorsteps (It's DRUGS, aside from a theft issue, that's a HIPPA violation with a capital "V"
    -Complain that we don't send a bill at the end of the month (last place did, we're strictly pay before the stuff leaves the store, but enough folks threatened to leave that they changed it to COD, not happy with this at all)
    -Complain that we've offered to bill directly to thier checking account if they just sign up for a store shopping card that has that feature (Forget it, they've watched that episdoe of Dateline, and are convinced that if they give up thier CC#'s they'll be dead in an alley the next morning)
    -Complain about where I park in thier neighborhood when I deliver
    -Don't answer the door when we knock, call back later and bitch because they heard us knocking but don't want to answer the door, we should have known it was okay to barge in
    -Accuse me of ripping them off because the price of thier meds is not what the last store charged them (BS, if you're on medical assistance, you pay $3 for controlled substances, it's ALWAYS been that way, don't lie to me or insinuate that I don't know what I"m doing, I bill welfare more times per day than you will in a month, or a year.)
    -Ask for us to shop for them, like, as long as we're comin' over, can we bring the eggs and milk too? No, but we'll bring OTC stuff if you want it, of course, you'll decide that it's the wrong flavor when you get it.

Top it all off, I was promised I could use a company car, to date, I've been allowed it once, the rest of the time, it's on loan to another store, I've been using my own car, burning my own gas, and not very happy about it as I specificaly said I would do this if I didn't have to use my own vehicle.

I've made myself clear on the matter, the managment response, "Don't let them get to you, you shouldn't take it personally" Easier said than done dude, how exactly am I supposed to put on a smile and bring somthing to another persons doorstep only to get yelled at?

I'm so stressed over having to do this every other day that I'm getting an ulcer, I think I'll tell them on Monday that they can either find someone else to do deliveries, or I'll go back to register, (they need folks there, football season brings out 4 deep lines on weekends) I like my job, but I'm at a breaking point.

Seriously, what ever happened to being just the littlest bit gracious
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

it was steamrolled under a huge horde of entitlement and selfishness; i'd like to think it's hard to believe people are so ungrateful, but there you are, with more than a few examples of just how much!
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Hmm....sounds like there's a bunch of people that need to get their delivery priveledges revoked.

Thank god we don't have to do that. Gah.

Comment

your vehicle needs to mysteriously (and expensively) break down so that it can no longer be used for deliveries, and when it finally does get"fixed" refuse to allow it to be used again.
        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Sounds to me like you need to start demanding compensation for the gas you're using up--X amount per mile. I bet anything that would get rid of the delivery service fairly quickly.

Comment

wow stop using your car period. if they are not paying you a petrol allowence and the increased insurance cost (and if your using your car for work you NEED proper insurance) wear and tear extra then your paying them to work

just dont do it (again I know easyier said than done)
            I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

EW, that sucks. I agree, you should refuse to deliver to those ungrateful hogs anymore. That, or they should damn well make it worth your while. Selfish bastards!
              "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

Go for the insurance angle it worked for me.

My insurance only covers me to go to work and nothing else work related.

So I told them to put the order in writing and I would clear it with HR first.

Comment

Working...
                X