This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess which lane everybody choose?

Okay, picture this, if you will. Tonight at one point there were three lanes open. Two had their lights on and one person each who were leaving. One lane (mine) had the light OFF and a line of people. Guess which lane everyone automatically selected?

I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and say...your lane?
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Amazing. You must be psychic.

Comment

I get this all the time when I run Express. I'll have five people in line, with 2-3 other cashiers just standing around, but all the ones in my line are reluctant to move.

Express doesn't go faster due to special speed-magic, people (as it is clearly not painted red). A register without a line is always faster than one with a line.

...well, with the exception of one particular cashier. Sometimes, if you're lucky, he'll just be working veeeery slooooowly, rather than not working at all.
        » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

I had this happen all the time at Target, and I'd often leave 30 minutes later than I was supposed to. It got so bad at one point my Supervisor had to come stand at the end of my lane and tell people to go to the other lane.

Comment

Quoth KabeRinnaul View Post
            I get this all the time when I run Express. I'll have five people in line, with 2-3 other cashiers just standing around, but all the ones in my line are reluctant to move.

Express doesn't go faster due to special speed-magic, people (as it is clearly not painted red). A register without a line is always faster than one with a line.

...well, with the exception of one particular cashier. Sometimes, if you're lucky, he'll just be working veeeery slooooowly, rather than not working at all.

Nice to meet a fellow geek. Apparently there are actually people out there that don't know "Da red wunz go fasta!"

Oh, P.S.:

Waaagh!
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post

Nice to meet a fellow geek. Apparently there are actually people out there that don't know "Da red wunz go fasta!"

Oh, P.S.:

Waaagh!
              Ugh. Don't dirty up my Customers Suck with your nasty Spork references.

Blood for the blood god, sporky skulls for the skull throne.

And flowers for the flower garden!

Comment

Is it too late to guess that they went to a lane without a cashier at all?
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I used to have that problem when I was a cashier at Wally World. A lot of people just didn't give a shit if it was time for you to go home cause it was the end of your shift. It was almost like them saying "How dare you try to leave cause you have a life outside of work!! Now shut the fuck up & ring my shit up!!"
                  They'd get awfully aggressive if you even stated that you were closing down your line. I mean, what's the big deal with just going to another register?

Comment

Quoth Pezzle View Post
                    Ugh. Don't dirty up my Customers Suck with your nasty Spork references.

Blood for the blood god, sporky skulls for the skull throne.

And flowers for the flower garden!
                    Actually, Pezzle, it's a reference to Warhammer and Warhammer 40k. The Orks believe that red-painted vehicles go faster and, because of the passive psychic stuff they all have, called the "Waaagh!", "da red wunz" really do "go fasta".
                    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

People do not understand the idea that cashiers are human.

I tell the last person in my line "After you, I'm closed". And then you have to do that... constant vigil of the end of the line-- to ward off any customers who just don't understand cashiers have to pee too.

And they always do that... snotty bitchy make me want to slap the shit out of them..." SHE SAYS...shes not OPEN...." whine. whine.

But I do love lecturing other customers when I'm a customer. "Omg, how can the be taking her off the register when there is a line...whine whine whine..."

"BECAUSE SHE HAS TO GO HOME..."

When will customers learn that....cashiers are never EVER responsible for why there aren't enough cashiers?

Oh, yeah.

Never.

I love it when... for whatever reason, my drawer has no money in it.
                      "I can take Credit, Debit, or Checks. NO CASH"

And everyone lines up with a wad of cash.
                      you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Quoth KabeRinnaul View Post
                        A register without a line is always faster than one with a line.

The Wal-Mart where my dad works has one of those. I hesitate to call her any names because I'm not sure she's not somehow...special...but if I see her with an empty express lane and a regular service lane stretching back into electronics, I'll take the second option.

She is just TERRIBLE. The LEAST troublesome thing she does is bag a 60 ounce bottle of detergent ON TOP OF EGGS. The rest of the badness she's capable of anally violates the laws of physics.
                        "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                          Actually, Pezzle, it's a reference to Warhammer and Warhammer 40k. The Orks believe that red-painted vehicles go faster and, because of the passive psychic stuff they all have, called the "Waaagh!", "da red wunz" really do "go fasta".
                          A cookie to anyone who can guess what my Avatar is. It is warhammer related.

Ahh how nice to see my hobby referenced on CS.
                          If it makes sense, it's not allowed™. -- BeckySunshine

I've heard of breaking wind but not breaking and entering wind. --- Sheldonrs

My gaming blog:Ghosts from the Black

Comment

Me, my son and his GF were at WalMart the other day, getting a few groceries.

The cashier turned her light off and told my son to shoo away anyone who gets in her line after us.

The problem was, typical WalMart, they had only 2 regular check out lines in the whole store and maybe 2 express. It wasn't peak time, but it wasnt WAY off peak either, so the lines were long.

Danny fell down on the job a couple of times, so the cashier and myself began shooing people away. I was amazed at how sucky people got - WITH US!!!

I was like I'm not an employee, I'm just trying to save you some hassle of putting your shit on the belt and then being told to go to a different line.

Danny and his GF eventually ended up leaving the line and waiting for me out front because of how utterly obnoxious people were being about the poor girl trying to close her lane.

Granted, WalMart sucks for not having enough lines open - but if you feel that strongly about it, TELL THE FREAKIN MANAGER. Don't take it out on the cashier, or worse, the innocent person last in line.

"So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I've always wondered why people go to express, even though it's got a huge line...

They can walk 25 feet to the other end of the lanes (we have 16 registers, 4 of those are express, plus 1 more at customer service) and get checked out MUCH faster. It's gotten so bad in my store that the frontend supervisors will make announcements about being able to check out at all registers and/or customer service.

Seriously people.. 17 registers... usually 2 express open and 5 or 6 regular ones open on a slow day.

Weekends are just a clusterfuck though, usually 12-14 registers running, all with huge lines. Ugh. The really sucky thing is our aisles and paths are already pretty narrow, so once express gets clogged up, you can't get to the other end of the store unless you go around through the back half. Whoever did the planning for our frontend needs to be strung up by their balls.

Thankfully, we have signs that we can put out that say "Next lane please" - the cashier will have a bagger put it at the end of their belt and tell anybody that's already in line that they're welcome to stay, but to shoo off anybody else. Unthankfully, my store doesn't have signs at each lane. Seriously, our registers are not numbered in any way, the only way to tell if one is closed or open is if the "Next lane please" sign is there or not. The lanes are wired for signs, but they were never installed after the remodel.. 8 years ago.
                              Last edited by bean; 07-14-2008, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X