This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brain burp in progress

Ok, giving them some credit, they are from out of country, so the specifics on the USPS are unfamiliar to them and I won't consider them too sucky or stupid... they just asked one of those questions that makes you wonder...
    so they asked if we could mail postcards, and I answered that we could indeed mail postcards if they wanted to leave them with us... they then asked if they had to pay for that... um yeah... the USPS does appreciate payment for their service... I'll forgive all the questions after that about where you can purchase stamps etc... but asking if you need to pay kinda goes beyond just being inexperienced... am I wrong in thinking that?
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

I've been in a few postcard exchange groups dealing with hundreds of other countries. (Postcrossing, for one.)

Everyone pays for postcards.

So yeah - either they expected YOU to cover the cost, or they were complete idiots.
    "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

OR--they may have been trying to ask if there was a fee for the SERVICE of you mailing their postcards for them.
      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Or they were asking if they had to call the USPS to have them come out and pay for that service. Then the answer would be no.

By the way, always check the post cards before the guests can put stamps on them! The ones with barcodes have the stamp in the barcode so they can write their little notes and just drop them in the mail. I had terrible trouble with that in New Mexico. So guests would basically wind up paying for their postcards, effectively, twice. Once for the card itself and once for the stamp. Poor things.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

well, EQ, they were mailing out of country so they'd need to have extra postage anyway...
          I looked it up for them, it would be 96cents per postcard... and they wanted to send like 20... umm no, USPS aint giving that much for free and we aren't ponying up $20 for you...
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
          X