This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work Adventures....Senior Year

Hooooo boy. It's been a LONG while since I've posted, but finally gathered enough adventures to post about.

I've been once again relegated to night shift which I missed greatly because of security and other things. Lovely, yes, but....*headdesk*

1. I'm scheduled to work the party shifts, which are Thursday through Saturday, graveyard shift (that is to say midnight-4am). Which is okay...if not for the people stumbling in drunkety-drunk-DRUNK. I've seen more stupidity in the past three weeks than I've seen in my three years of work. Not to mention the collection of second hairstyle jeans on people. Seriously and really, egad.

2. I've subbed in for the freshman building as of late. Apparently, now I know why my coworkers over there are ornery - underage kids everywhere. Yes, we have an age-18 limit for entry and no, no one listens. Much. Enter me, someone that enforces it. Enter MYRIAD of whining high schoolers. I've called in for an exception for only ONE person because she was accompanied by a parent, didn't file an exception in advance and was turning 18 in literally a few hours.

3. RAMPANT ENTITLEMENT. I can't say it enough, people: I don't care if it's your family, your Siamese twin, whatever: NO ID, NO ENTRY. No, I've yet to have a Siamese twin. And I've turned people away, bitching and yelling, for not having an ID to enter with, especially if they drove here. If you can't think to take your license on the road, then perhaps it's a GOOD thing I'm turning you away.

4. And one of my coworkers did a reprehensible thing: a no-call-no-show on a double shift. A double shift that comes a few hours before my midnight. Guess who got called in to cover, having covered that same double on agreement before? You guessed it.

5. The office workstation, finally and at last, kicked the bucket. I think I had a bet somewhere on how long that was going to take. Ever since it's been set on an individual login basis - we used to have a shared login without much issues - it would have a peculiar habit of restarting, literally, at 3:04 am every night. I used to work graveyard over the summer and got to see it firsthand; the tech guy came recently to reinstall Java so that the online clock-in system works. The problem? Everything else no longer does. I can barely click to open the folder without the thing starting the countdown to restart. Which is MENTAL. The good thing is, i got the tech guy to give me the admin password for that computer and will be fixing it this point on MYSELF. Seriously, enough is enough IS ENOUGH.

6. And just now, a development: apparently my coworker doesn't check ages. Sorry love, doesn't fly with me. This is my credibility that is shot here asa n employee when I have to turn away underage people. Not to mention, it gives me a flarn-munching headache.

7. One guy in particular at the upperclassman building seems to love getting on my case...sometimes in a good way. I helped him out with financial aid. Since then I'm his favorite person, whom he propositioned for a massage. IN FRONT OF HIS GIRLFRIEND. he's moving to another building and I'm breathing a HUGE sigh of relief.

And more to come, as it develops.
    Sometimes, it just doesn't pay to get out of the blanket nest.

are students under 18 allowed in? the way you said it made it seem like that wasnt the case.
    i just hate hardcore partiers with no respect for others

Comment

No one under 18 is allowed in unless Housing is notified beforehand.

just...no one listens. :P

Comment

Why should people pay attention to rules? After all, they only apply to others, not to them and their guests...
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Because they pay xx thousand dollars :P

it doesn't help that tuition took a hike to where you pay the same thousands to JUST cover tuition, dorm notwithstanding. Ohhhh, the ENTITLEMENT. Egad.

Comment

Quoth LadyMage View Post
            Because they pay xx thousand dollars :P

it doesn't help that tuition took a hike to where you pay the same thousands to JUST cover tuition, dorm notwithstanding. Ohhhh, the ENTITLEMENT. Egad.
            The sad part is that in many cases, it's not them paying, it's mom and dad. And that's much of the problem with entitlement cases. Junior doesn't pay; Junior doesn't worry about graduating in a reasonable amount of time.

Comment

Working...
            X