This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do the cars arrive?

So my dept. was kind of sponsoring this race. It's a pretty big deal, lots of media coverage, both here and in the States.
    The finish line is here, so there was a big party happening all day, with local politicians and celebrities waving the flag every time a car passed the finish line.
    Now remember, it's billed as a RACE. RACE.
    I received a call that morning from a woman whose first question, which burst my brain was:
    'So what time do the cars arrive?'

I had to explain to her that it was a RACE. We don't know when the cars arrive, there is no set time because it's a RACE!!! They just arrive when they arrive.
    'Well, I really don't want to spend all day down there because I'm waiting for a specific car. Are you sure you don't know when it will arrive? I would like it to arrive around 2, are you sure you don't have a list of times for when the cars arrive?'
    Yet another explanation ensues about the nature of races.
    I still don't think she understood me.

My brain hurts now. I need cookies.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I don't have cookies, but I do have B&J Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream. Will that do?
      I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

OK, she made my brain hurt.

Unless the race is a rally...with a series of timed checkpoints, I don't know why she'd ask that.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

If it's anything like the race at Indy from the other day, all the cars would be on the side of the road with blown out tires.

Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Kind of reminds me of the time I was on a working vacation at Yosimite Nat'l Park and one of the tourists asked one of the guides "What time does the deer show start?"
            Last edited by Sheldonrs; 07-29-2008, 04:02 PM.
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
              I don't have cookies, but I do have B&J Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream. Will that do?
              That will do quite nicely, thank you most kindly.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                Kind of reminds me of the time I was on a working vacation at Yosimite Nat'l Park and one of the tourists asked one of the guides "What time does the deer show start?"
                'Round about the first part of November... but there's no admittance for anyone under the age of 18, so you'll have to leave the kids home.

Highlight below to get the joke:
                First part of November is mating season for Deer.
                ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Along the same lines, I remember watching the NYC Marathon some years back.

I lived close to the end of the route so before I went out to watch for some friends with some friends I caught the winners on TV.

We met up and were discussing the winners when a nice older woman tapped my on the shoulder.

"Excuse me, young woman. If the winners have already finished why are all these people still running?"
                  Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Comment

Working...
                  X