This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, just let me rant for a sec.

I work in produce at a local grocery store, just for clarification.

Note: I when I say "you," I'm not talking about you all. I mean SCs. I just say "you" because I just do This is not personal to anyone in any way

- The back room is not a magical place where food can mystically appear by the power of Greyskull. When I say I am 100% sure we're out of stock of it, I'm not going to stop stocking while it is busy, go to the back room, confirm what I just said because I was in the backroom 5 minutes earlier, and then give the same answer. I need to keep a really tight schedule if I am going to leave on time. I reallllly don't want to stay until 10:30pm finishing up closing duties. I know this sounds like I am being lazy, but it's really a hassle to talk all the way to the cooler and stop what you're doing to "search" for a few minutes. I know exactly what we have or do not have when I walk into the cooler the first time (it's very small and I know which products are out of stock right away).

- If you drop something, pick it up. Seriously.

- If you decide you don't want a product, take it out of the produce bag before placing it back on the rack. There are trash cans for a reason. Nothing bugs me more than that; it's just polite to do!

- Don't rifle through stuff. I spend a lot of time and effort making sure this stuff looks good so my manager likes me. Place anything you moved back where it was and I'll simply straighten it up later. Don't throw it all off to the side and leave it there.

- Just freaking take the bag of cherries. Don't pick individual little cherries out of one bag and make your own bag of cherries. How anal are you?

- Don't be a pig at the salad bar and fling food and crap all over the place. We have wipes and napkins for you to clean up your own mess in case you make one.

- I realize that I work in produce, but I don't know every single thing about fruit and vegetables. I'm 18, I work here because I want to, and I am no expert in fruit and stuff and never intend to be. This is not my career. I can tell you some stuff, but I don't know where every single product is grown, where every single product is in the store other than produce items (I work in PRODUCE!), or what will be on the future truck shipments. I don't order the produce; I just stock it and clean stuff up.

- If you don't like the way stuff is done at the store, then don't shop here. That's lovely that you don't like how the tomatoes are oriented; there's jack squat I can do about it. My manager says to do it a specific way and the regional manager says to do it a specific way. I've asked him about it but he said "screw it."

- Walking by me and loudly saying "The price for xxx is ridiculous!" doesn't offend me; in fact, I don't care. The funny thing is, you're actually buying it for that "ridiculous price." I told one lady, "Yeah, that is a ripoff" after complaining about some prices and she seemed surprised that I agreed with her.

- If I am in your way, say something! I'll gladly move! I'm not an immovable object. Don't stand behind me awkwardly or do that weird thing where you motion slowly near me after standing by me for a minute and then try to reach around me and get stuff. A simple "Excuse me" will suffice.

Yeah sorry; sometimes we've all gotta rant
    Last edited by Zell; 07-27-2008, 01:53 AM.

Thank you for reminding me of all the reasons why I hated working at the grocery store.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Zell View Post
      mystically appear by the power of Greyskull.
      Actually, it's the Power of Numbskull.

"By the Power of Numbskull, I Am A Moron!"

(RIP, Tallest Jeff. We miss you)

Comment

Working...
      X