This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Which I Am The Driver

I forgot about this little gem from my days back at the Big Yank. This definitely was a brain burp, but a wickedly cute one.

So I was bagging groceries for this little old lady and when I finished she asks if I could take her out to the car and help her unload. I checked with my manager to see if I could do this quickly and she gave me the go ahead. So I go with Grandma to her little Buick, pop the trunk, pack the goods, and tell her she's all set. I tell her she's free to get in the car and go, and I start to take the cart back. At least, until I notice she's climbed into the passenger side of the car.

I hand the cart off to a customer who had asked me for it and go back to the car. Sure enough, she's waiting patiently and all buckled up in the shotgun seat, with the keys in the driver's seat.

I peek in, smile, and say "Well, I'd love to take you for a ride, but your parents will get mad at me." She realized what she had done and started laughing. She told me she was so used to waiting for her husband to come out of the store that she had let routine take over, and this was only the second time she's shopped by herself.

Oh thats sweet. I wonder if her husband is ill or recently passed? In any case I bet you brought a bright spot to her day.

Comment

Working...
    X