• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you even listening?

Customer: I'd like to add airtime.

Me: Ok, to what phone number?

Customer: Yes, I want to add minutes.

Me: Ok, and what phone number do you need to put them on.

Customer: You know, airtime, like when you put a prepaid card on your account.

Me: Yes, I understand, what phone number do you need to add the airtime to?

Customer: Uh... what?

Me: What's your phone number?

Customer: Why are you making this so difficult? *click*

Me:

Because you could so clearly read their mind and tell what number needed the minutes. Phhpt.

Comment

Because they stole the phone?

Because they can't remember their own cell phone without having to hang up, and push the "check phone number" button on their phone?

Because they were going to surprise their significant other, but couldn't remember which significant other they were trying to surprise with more airtime?

I'm out of other questions/scenarios. Back to the regularly scheduled topic!

Comment

Made Mom and I chuckle. I vote on the 'stole the phone' from idrinkarum

Comment

I seriously think they didn't understand my question. They had a mid-western USA accent IE it seems that there was no language barrier of any kind. With some people I wouldn't be surprised if they just didn't know their phone number.

I normally wouldn't remark on a call like this one except they hung up on me and made no indication that they knew what I was asking.

Comment

It seems THEY were making it difficult.

On the other hand its kind of funny how some people turn a conversation into a regional thing. I'm from Southern Del and I guess it makes it harder for my MD/PA and above tourists to understand me. Some even asked me when I was going back to Russia.

"Please slide your card"
            "...?"
            "Slide your card" (machine is even telling them so) *starts yanking on the terminal's cord*
            "No, SLIDE your card, swipe it."
            "Oh I thought you said SIGN your card god you talk funny"

Comment

Quoth Meegz View Post
              It seems THEY were making it difficult.

On the other hand its kind of funny how some people turn a conversation into a regional thing. I
              tell me about it... for one of my classes we had to stand up and introduce ourselves... part of the introduction was where we were born, where we grew up, and when we moved to salt lake (if we didn't say born and raised in salt lake)... I stood up and said, I was born in LA, grew up in Reno, and moved to Salt Lake 3 years ago.

as soon as I finished the teacher asked "that's weird, you don't sound like someone from LA or from Reno"
              i was tempted to say "well that's weird, because now you no longer sound like someone smart enough to be teaching"
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

No need to antagonize the teachers on the first day, smiley. Wait until at least the second day.
                I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Working...
                X