This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAAAAH!!! (Kitty troubles)

I've had Thelma since I was released from the mental hospital.
    She's a great kitty. Curious, loveable, (granted, mostly when you try to use the restroom, then she's all over you). The cutest quizal purr ever.

We've recently moved to a new place with mom's best friend. Best friend also has two cats.

One of the cats is just a lardass that lays, laid back. The other though.

It seems we might have to get rid of Thelma. Mom can't stand to watch her starve to death. We have to guard her when she eats, or the mean one attacks her. She's lost weight, and now just spends her time hiding from everyone. She so scared.

Started today, we put an extra kitty box and some food/water in my room. She hates closed doors, despite the fact she'll spend the whole day in said room. But we're going to try it. its not fair to her, but I can't lose her. Mom'll give it a chance, but she can't stand the fact she basically dying. We put some food, and normally she'll pick at it. She ate the whole damn thing.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Aw, poor baby! I would imagine she might get used to having the door closed if that's the only way she can eat uninterrupted. Might take a little bit for her to make the connection, though...Sounds like you haven't been there too long. Hopefully the kitties will get used to each other...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Baby and FatCat need to eat seperately, or FatCat will shove Baby out of the way and eat both tins of food.

It's very difficult, because Baby gorges herself and throws up. She eats so fast because she's probably worried she won't get any food. So we allow her almost an hour by herself in the garage to eat and then relax and digest. She's been throwing up a lot less.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Just give them time to adjust. When I acquired my second cat, Chloe, my first cat, Lucky, was terrified of her. Now Lucky beats the crap out of her. Maybe it's because I would tell her, "Hey, you were here first, are you gonna take that from her? Go beat her up! Defend yourself!"
        You're focusing on the problem. If you focus on the problem, you can't see the solution. Never focus on the problem! --From Patch Adams

Comment

Working...
        X