This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Sense of Humour

Had a regular come in today, older gent, nice enough guy. He was wearing a gray sweatshirt with a little black blob in the center of his chest. Curious, I leaned forward to get a better look at this blob. Buddy leans back a little, looking faintly surprised, but not before the blob had resolved itself into five teeny tiny little words:

Nosy little f***er,
    aren't you?

I tried to hold it in, but I couldn't help it; I burst out laughing. Just stopped everything I was doing and belly-laughed until my eyes teared up. It just caught me funny...and besides, this is not the sort of man who you would think would stroll around town with the F-word displayed on his chest, no matter how small the font was.

He smiled a little, but still looked somewhat baffled, so I pointed and managed to say, "I really like that shirt." He looked down, looked surprised, and then started laughing too; he had completely forgotten what he was wearing.

The two of us giggled in fits and starts through the rest of the transaction. He mentioned as he was leaving that I was the only one who had ever noticed what this shirt said, and he walked out with a big grin on his face. Completely made my day.

So here's a thank-you to a lovely regular for making me laugh hard enough to draw strange looks from other customers. That doesn't happen often enough at work, and your sense of humour - even if it was only tiny letters on a sweatshirt - was appreciated.
Working...
X