Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the pilot announced the time zone for a reason.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the pilot announced the time zone for a reason.

Oh, I had a funny one at the end of my shift. This lady is scheduled for a 7am shuttle to the airport... 7:01 comes around and she is no where to be seen, so I call her room to ask if she still needs the shuttle...

me- hey, this is smileyeagle at the front desk, did you still need that 7am shuttle?
    guest- yeah, but I might move it to 6:30.
    me- huh
    guest- yeah, I might want to go at 6:30 rather than 7... oh and why did my wake-up call come an hour early... for that matter why are you calling me an hour before me shuttle to see if I need it still?
    me- ma'am, it's already 7 right now...
    guest- oh crap, my watch is still set to pacific time... that explains a lot... can you have the shuttle driver hold for about 3 minutes while I get down there.
    me- sure thing.

oh yeah, me and the shuttle driver got a good chuckle out of that one.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    guest- oh crap, my watch is still set to pacific time... that explains a lot... can you have the shuttle driver hold for about 3 minutes while I get down there.
    Gasp!

Someone who actually was REASONABLE about a mistake that... I may faint!
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
      Gasp!

Someone who actually was REASONABLE about a mistake that... I may faint!
      hence it being a brain burp and not a sucky customer... she actually was really nice and all that... just not all there with remembering some travel basics... though of course to my shuttle driver that day she is a (please see thread in cursing out coworkers)
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Miracle! Poor lady. For some reason people who stay in our hotel change the alarm clock hour to their local time zones and housekeepers don't tend to see it, which causes issues for the next guest. Why people do this is beyond me... You are in Mountain, guess what? Everything around here runs on Mountain time so it's prolly a good idea you yourself keep it that way until you get home.

That was a public service announcement lol
        When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
          For some reason people who stay in our hotel change the alarm clock hour to their local time zones and housekeepers don't tend to see it, which causes issues for the next guest. Why people do this is beyond me...
          Maybe so that they could call home without having to worry about accidentally getting someone out of bed at 2am?
          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
          X