X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New school year, same freshmen

"Can I check out books?"
    Asked on the campus library.

I'll give her this one as a brain burp since she just got through orientation for the university. At least I didn't get asked something about campus that isn't work related.

Edit:
    For the love of all that is good and decent, you're not new and I'd expect the same of the freshmen. Have your ID ready, policy has not changed to allow me to check you out using only my psychic powers to verify your identity.
    Last edited by Soulstealer; 08-24-2008, 11:41 PM.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

I was renting out something to carry all my crap in when some freshman walked out the side door of my dorm. The side dorms all have blinking lights and warning stickers and signs stating these doors are alarmed and are only for use of emergencies. She opened the door then had no idea why the alarm was going off.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

ok, was I the only person who as a freshman wasn't entirely clueless?

seriously, I knew basically how the library worked, knew not to go out doors that said that they were alarmed... I even knew not to leave popcorn in the microwave for 30 minutes at 3:30 in the morning (I wish I wasn't making that last one up... if you haven't had the joy of standing outside in 5 degree weather, with snow coming down and 3:30 in the morning, wearing nothing but the boxers you were wearing when you were sleeping, I'd suggest never doing it... though it does make me feel better that there were several other guys from the dorms in similar states of undress, and some of the girls in the women's dorm actually did catcalls... that made the night a little bit better)
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Usually we had to leave the dorms around 2am because a freshman decided to try and cook (usually it was chicken) and set off the smoke detectors. All of the showers would stop and everyone had to evacuate. I was usually still awake and fully clothed, but I definitely looked forward to the guys that had been asleep or were still wet from showering ! [In Florida, it usually isn't cold enough to be a problem.]
        "Whether or not what you do has the effect you want, it will usually have three at least that you never expected, and one of those usually unpleasant." The Law of Unintended Consequences

Comment

We did have a number of false alarms when I was on-campus. Lancashire is most definitely *not* as agreeable as Florida at 3am in winter. But I got into the habit of keeping a dressing gown and slippers handy, so I was never the coldest one out there.

I figured that when the alarm went off, it was worth taking 15 seconds for that, especially since I was already on the ground floor and could just climb through the window if necessary.

But do spare a thought for students of the University of Oulu. Brrr!

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
            We did have a number of false alarms when I was on-campus. Lancashire is most definitely *not* as agreeable as Florida at 3am in winter. But I got into the habit of keeping a dressing gown and slippers handy, so I was never the coldest one out there.

I figured that when the alarm went off, it was worth taking 15 seconds for that, especially since I was already on the ground floor and could just climb through the window if necessary.

But do spare a thought for students of the University of Oulu. Brrr!
            LOL, I originally hail from Western New York State, you know, land of 9 foot snow drifts

I happened to have an amazing thick fluffy plush and toasty warm dressing gown, heavy sheepskin with the woolie side in slippers with thick soles, and a nice hand knit [thanks grandma] hat scarf combination.

I never got cold on those midnight January fire alarms
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
            X