This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think, then speak!

Today, was interesting. I must admit I was asked perhaps the strangest question I've ever been asked. Thankfully, I had a good comeback ready. (you know how rare that can be at times.)

Heading into Wal-Mart again (this time to return some dickies jeans for my father) I'm suddenly shocked to see a picket line out front of the store. Ok, that's different. Oddly enough, I notice that these people are each carrying a sign, some in english, others in spanish. Professionally done too, since they were reversable with the english/spanish.

What did they say? Abortion Kills Children. Stop Abortion Now. Pray to End Abortion. (to name a few.) "Ok...and WHY are you protesting wal-mart, what'd they do? Install a clinic in place of layaway?", I almost asked but didn't. Threading my way along, I head inside only to remember I forgot the reciept. Heading back out (the jeans waiting for me at customer service) I'm suddenly stopped by this elderly gentleman. He mumbles something I don't quite catch, (bad day, hearing was off) and I just stare at him.

Repeating himself, this time somewhat angrily, he says quote "Have you ever had an Abortion? You know that if you've had an Abortion, you're going to burn in H*LL!? Repent your sins now before God."

Now, I'm all for the freedom of speech. You can say pretty much what you want and I don't care. Still, when you act stupid, I will smite your little sensibilites.

"Would you mind explaining to me, how I, a rather nice looking young male about to turn 31; who has never been married and once considered entering the parsonage, would go about having an abortion? Unless I'm sorely mistaken, and yes, that's happened before, you have to be female to have an abortion don't you? And, while we're on the subject, you do realise that this nice little town of ours doesn't have a clinic you're protesting? Closest one is about one hundred miles thatta way." (Pointing in a random direction.)

You know, he actually tried to argue his point? I won't get into the rantings, but as I returned he was gone and one of the ladies approached me. (oh no. Not again.) "I'm sorry about that. He's had too much caffiene today." she said and walked off.

Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Oh, my I'm taking he needed his glasses if he throught you could possible get pregnant and maybe the cafferine might have gotten to him too. Not to mention it was none of his business if you ever had an abortion or whatever sins you have done. He even tried to argue with you about it.
    Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
    My space
    Facebook

Comment

He has no idea what an abortion is. Someone has told him it is evil and against his beliefs, and he's believed them and gone along with this.

Comment

That old guy probably thinks it's a drug. "Boy, you been smoking that abortion?"

But seriously, what on earth are they doing at Wal-Mart? I shop at target because the shopping center has a strict no soliciting policy.

Comment

I don't know how you managed to not die of laughter right there. Oh my god, I would have been on the ground sobbing.

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
            Repeating himself, this time somewhat angrily, he says quote "Have you ever had an Abortion? You know that if you've had an Abortion, you're going to burn in H*LL!? Repent your sins now before God."
            First thing that went through my mind after reading that was "Isn't Repsac a boy?"

Some people shouldn't be allowed to leave their homes alone.
            Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth 0oAmericanGirl View Post
              That old guy probably thinks it's a drug. "Boy, you been smoking that abortion?"

Stop! You're killing me!!!!
              Last edited by Ree; 10-06-2006, 12:27 AM. Reason: fixing quote tags

Comment

Just when you think you've heard it all . . . now you're gonna get harangued for things you are not physically capable of doing!

I can hardly wait for some old coot to start yelling at me for impregnating unwed females. Woohoo!

Comment

Quoth Brighid45 View Post

Just when you think you've heard it all . . . now you're gonna get harangued for things you are not physically capable of doing!

I can hardly wait for some old coot to start yelling at me for impregnating unwed females. Woohoo!

I think I'll get a lecture about why it's my fault Major League Baseball allowed the designated hitter. Keep in mind, I was born in 1979.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

my experiences and the ones I read about here have me really looking forward to retiring so that I can make life hell for customer service professionals all around the world, and I also look forward to becoming senile because I know it's going to make onlookers laugh for hours
                    "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

wow, that was a random and silly protest. I can understand why they were upset but seriously, what is picketing outside of WallyWorld, 100 miles from a clinic going to do about it?

and at least they were only full of caffeine, and not violent like some protesters. But, like !!111eleventy!!1 caffeine is technically a drug, you should have walked by the dude and called him a crazy druggie. O_o

Comment

Working...
                      X