X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sorry I can't get you water...

Not sure if this is the right place...

ok this is weird, I went to a restaurant the other day, and the waiter refused to get me some water...now I'm going to sound like an SC here...but every other place I have gone too lets me have tap water...and it normally comes free of charge..they either give it to you as soon as you sit down and top it up all night, or they give it to you on request...this is the first and ONLY case where I was refused water....the excuse? NO..I can't leave the floor, I'll get in trouble from the manager...soooo you'll get in trouble from the manager for leaving the floor to get me a drink....but you won't get in trouble for refusing to GET me a drink????? The kicker is that he had come up and ASKED me if I wanted a drink?????????? When I asked for water he said mineral or Bottled...I said tap...normal tap....all he needed to do, is go to where you get your drinks and pour a glass of water....it would have taken him the same time to get me a bottle of lemonade or mineral water...I really was baffled...now he wasn't rude about it...but after that he ignored our table....but we got asked about three or four times after that by other waiters if we wanted a drink...it didn't destroy the experience of the place, the food was nice..and the waiters (despite the one that refused me water) were nice...I would go again, but I would wait till I had money to actually buy myself a drink... I don't know, maybe I was expecting something that isn't normal....maybe the places I've been too are just differnet..no idea...but this did put me off a bit
    I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Yeah, that sounds kind of odd. I don't know maybe because you weren't paying for your drink he didn't want to bother with getting it and I'm thinking they might have policy about giving people tap water since or maybe not. Anyway if I was in that situation I would ask to see the manager and ask whats up with that.

I know places have weird policy and my store has a policy where we can't just give out change meaning someone has to buy something with cash. I don't know why but it might be because we have to use a key to open the register and maybe it cost us some money since they really aren't buying anything. Well, I don't have to many asking for it but probably few times a week and yeah, some do buy something but others just stomp off.
    Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
    My space
    Facebook

Comment

Quoth Binky View Post
      ok this is weird, I went to a restaurant the other day, and the waiter refused to get me some water
      After I got finished going WTF, I would have asked for his manager. When the manager got there, I would have politely told the manager what I was told and asked if there was a problem with the tap water.

Drinking water isn't a matter of cost for many people, I drink water with my meals because I want to. We usually have to ask for water here in Arizona because of conservation but I'm the forum geezer and I've never been refused water in any state or country.

For the record, in the state of Arizona, its against the law to refuse to give someone a drink of water if you are asked. Doesn't matter if this happens at a bar, restaurant or private home...if drinking water is requested, it must be given if available. (so far, I've had 2 strangers knock on my door asking for water. I pointed them in the direction of my hose.)
      Last edited by Ree; 11-05-2008, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Yeah, next time ask to see a manager. Don't get all pissy, just state your case calmly.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
        X