This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh yes, that is much more efficient

OK, so I have decided that every time I think UTA couldn't possibly get any dumber... they prove me wrong...

They have several articulated buses that have almost twice the capacity of a standard bus... are they using them? Nope, if a line is too busy for a standard bus they just run 2 buses running in tandem...
    yup, 2 separate buses, paying 2 drivers is apparently more efficient in UTA's mind than just using one f*ing articulated bus...
    ... and people are surprised that fares are going up
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Do you have to have a special licence to run the articulated buses?
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
      Do you have to have a special licence to run the articulated buses?
      I don't know, but if they do I know UTA already has some people with it on payroll, because they used to run them all the time... it's just recently that they've pulled them from service because of high fuel costs and for reasons I can't fathom decided running two buses tandem would be more efficient...

Comment

It's probably one of those things that looks better on paper, like Communism.
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

We have a few articulated buses running in our city too... only they don't run on some of the major routes during peak times (i.e the number 1 from WEM to Capilano)... because the majority of people got off the bus downtown, there'd be no need for an articulated bus on the three hour peak of a four hour shift... Yet, the number 9 (Northgate - Southgate) would run the articulated buses almost all day, even during the off-peak times. Which is kinda dumb, IMHO. There really ought to be an articulated bus for the number 1, ESPECIALLY during peak... I've been on it during those times, and everyone was literally jammed in like sardines. Sometimes the bus would stop at a stop, open the doors and wait for like 15 seconds as someone attempted to wiggle off the bus, and before they got there, would close the doors and start leaving, to which a chorus of "HEY! OPEN THE DOORS MAN!" would protest. And my personal pet peeve is those MORONS who get on the bus when all the seats are filled, are told to "Move on back!" to the back back of teh bus, and stop at the back doors... preventing anyone else from moving up there to make more room.

/rant

sorry, the city's bus system is one thing that pisses me off the most... My most memorable rant is one time a few winters ago, it was like, 30 below, and we had to wait outside in the cold nearly a frigging HOUR for a bus that was supposed to come every 15 mins... every effing bus that came by was "Not In Service". Oooooh that pissed me off so bad!!!

/rant

sorry for the threadjack!
          "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
          ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

We have articulated buses on some major routes, and even those people are packed like sardines almost all day, buses come every 20 minutes, so it's not that they dont come often enough.
            Otaku

Comment

Quoth Munkie View Post
              sorry, the city's bus system is one thing that pisses me off the most... My most memorable rant is one time a few winters ago, it was like, 30 below, and we had to wait outside in the cold nearly a frigging HOUR for a bus that was supposed to come every 15 mins... every effing bus that came by was "Not In Service". Oooooh that pissed me off so bad!!!
              Been there, done that. Yet I still prefer the bus to driving, with the insane drivers we have in this city.

Back to SE's post. I've seen them run buses tandem, but I'm not sure if they're actually doing that, or if it just happens that one's so far behind/ahead that they're running together. Either scenario wouldn't surprise me.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                've seen them run buses tandem, but I'm not sure if they're actually doing that, or if it just happens that one's so far behind/ahead that they're running together. .
                well at least with that one that i saw it was intentional... they left the transit center together... and we left on time, so...

Comment

Working...
                X