This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparaently we now have an exit.

Background: my supermarket is part of a very large shopping centre. We do not have an exit door anywhere near us, the closest one is a fair distance away. The only doors nearby are the supplier/worker exits (the trolley boys also use them), parcel pickup and the fire doors.

Story: I arrive at work the other day and am put to work cleaning off registers as we weren't very busy. I head into the parcel pickup area to pick up some stuff (the PPU area is used as a sort of "back dock" area for the checkout staff as well, plastic bags, cleaning gear, magazines and promotional stuff are kept there as well) and I run into a guy carrying some bags.

Guy: Hey, wasn't there an exit here?
    Me: No sir, there isn't. You just need to head out that way. (I wanted to add "like everyone else is doing")

Seriously, if people are heading back out into the mall, you would realise that it's the only exit within the store.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Tell him he's stuck in the Cube but if he can figure out the math, the original room he was in is actually the way out.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

That was bad Queen... *snugs* The cube... *giggles*

Comment

It was a lame ass movie too because the only person that survived was the guy with the mental handicap, so he couldn't tell anyone about it. go figure, ya know?
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
          It was a lame ass movie too because the only person that survived was the guy with the mental handicap, so he couldn't tell anyone about it. go figure, ya know?
          yeah at least in Sphere they had 3 people survive who were able to use the Sphere's power to forget what they had seen...
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Now THAT is an ending! I haven't seen Sphere yet, sounds like I should.

Comment

It's an awesome book too...haven't seen the movie though.
              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Hypercube (the sequel) is worse.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                  Hypercube (the sequel) is worse.
                  So I've heard, which is why I've not watched it. I'd be wasting two and a half hours of my life.

Comment

No, the waste is then to see Cube Zero, the prequel, and really expect it to be any different. Well it is. In that it's worse. Everything's lower tech (since it's earlier), but with better effects (since it was made a few years later, with a bigger budget). But the plot's worse.
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

but are there any decent math references???

I'm such a geek.
                      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Actually, it's almost exactly like the first one. I think right down to the numbers and their significance on the enterances.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                          But the plot's worse.
                          The plot to the original was actually pretty decent, I thought. I just wish it was executed better; it could have been a really good movie.

Comment

The plot to the original was actually pretty decent, I thought.
                            It was. But the prequel has the same plot. But just worse. I'd say watch it to see for yourself, but that's not a very nice thing to do to someone.

Comment

Awww, you're being nice to me!

*gives cookies*

I'll take your word on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X