This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rude sob of a customer

so i am a customer service rep. basically i deal with customers all day long. normally everything is fine not much complaints every once in awhile i get irate customers. today i answered the phone ask the customer how i can help him and he said he wanted to talk to someone about the warranty he had a "few questions." i told him i can help he clears his throat and starts yelling at me point by point how the warranty we were giving is stupid. he didn't even let me try to explain the warranty anytime i try to say something he just starts screaming at me as if i am a child. well long story shorts starts screaming telling me he's going to return the product to the store he bought it from because he doesn't like the way our warranty work and calls me a piece of shit before he hangs up on me. let me explain and if you still want to yell then do so. that customer is going to get karma back tenfolds!!!!!!

Good Lord, how can that person even expect you to help him if all he's going to do is rant?

Welcome, BTW.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

He didn't want help, he wanted to make someone else miserable because he didn't know what he was purchasing into.

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
        He didn't want help, he wanted to make someone else miserable because he didn't know what he was purchasing into.
        I agree. He bought his item, then got home and read the fine print and then decided he needed to return it. It may have been that he second guessed his purchase because he spent money he shouldn't have and then decided to call in to complain as a way to "document" the fact he had some kind of legitamate reason to return the product.
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I think it's more likely that he isn't going to return the item at all, thinks "the man" is trying to stick him with something he doesn't like, and wanted to vent upon someone who couldn't fight back for this and other injustices and frustrations in his sad, little life.

Working in the cable industry, I get these all the time. On top of the fact that in the grand scheme of things the cable company is only slightly more popular than Exxon, customers know that when they call in, the person on the other end of the phone is rarely allowed to defend themselves and must put up with whatever abuse is doled out. These customers only use the problem they're calling about as an excuse to unload all their frustrations so they feel better. After all, the voice on the other end of the phone doesn't belong to an actual human being with feelings too, does it? They also never actually want anything to be fixed, because if it were they might lose the excuse they have to whine and moan.

Personally, I'm getting to the point where I despise this type of customer. I have no, and I repeat no, problem with a customer getting upset when they have clearly been wronged (like by being overcharged or disconnected in error), but I do have a problem with people who call specifically to get an attitude. Ironically, with this customer, it doesn't matter what's done or what you say. Even when you tell them precisely what they want to hear, they will still yell and scream about that. How do I know? I've had this type of customer tell me that they will only accept a certain solution to the problem, and when I confirm that's exactly what they'll get (you know, exactly what they asked for), they continue to yell and complain. They yell and complain because I did exactly what they wanted me to do. How DARE I listen to my customers and respond to their needs!
          ...don't you know the first law of physics? "Anything that's fun costs at least $8.00."
          - Cartman

Comment

I get that sometimes. A customer will have a problem, and so I'll fix it. But if anything, that throws the customer off-balance 'cause he didn't come in there to have his problem fixed... and now he's mad at me for spoiling his fun!
            "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
            -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Working...
            X