This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burp caused by someone's idoticy

today I were in the local anime society forum telling this person who lives near me and edible off for failing to mention me when he went "at my and edible hat's area" forgetting about me (and he knew I lived in the same area almost my whole life and edible moved out here from the 'urbs where he used to live).

What I typed? " If you fail to omit me again from the phrase " your, IceLee AND edible hat's area", a flying saucepan will be heading your way."

I actually posted it to the forum, then five minutes later I went oh wait did I say the word om.... oh sh*t, I did!

I did correct it though and I dont think everyone else noticed what i did....

Ah, the precious double negative or something of that sorts (not an english major here, saying that right off!!)

It took me a few minutes to grasp what the burp was, so that was a burp on my behalf. I blame the early hour and lack of sleep. But, just so we know I'm grasping this, fail to omit means "if you fail to leave me off the list" rather than what you meant of "if you fail to add"?

Still, giggle worthy, yes. Moreso in that I had to go to dictionary.com to look up omit, and scratch my head trying to see what the burp was to begin with!

Comment

Yeah thats why I underlined the word so people'd grasp what I did wrong lol!
      and yes, thats what it was when I said fail to omit (" if you fail to leave me out") instead of using the word mention. I dont know why my brain urged me to use that omit word instead of mention!

Edible hat was lmaoing when I told him what I accidentally did, and the idiot hasnt replied to the post..... probably will have to tell him off in person later on though or send knucklerot after him in W.o.W since the idiot's a w.o.w addict and it would be lovely if he was starting another new character and knucklerot suddenly breathes on the char's neck....

Comment

Working...
      X