This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condoms, there!?

I wasn't sure where to stick this but it stuck me as kind of weird. I was in the family dollar store that I worked in about three years ago (or so) and realized they sell condoms! And one dollar pregnancy tests. (which they had when I was there) I was kind of shocked to see the condoms.

I'm not a prude or anything but to me that isn't an item that belongs in that particular store. But walmart sells them too... I don't know it just caught me off guard into weirdness.

I think I posted a funny story on here where a dude who didn't speak english was asking for condoms, it was rather embarassing cuz he "acted" out the deed and I finally got what he meant.

I remember a few years ago, a little kid, maybe 12 comes up to a coworker of mine. I was in earshot:

Boy: "Excuse me, where are your prophylactics?"
    CW: "Prophylactics?.....ummm, you mean condoms?"
    Boy: "NO!!! Prophylactics!!!"

I didn't even hold back my laughter. He left empty handed because I guess he didn't realize how much prophylactics cost.

Olive juice you too.

Comment

I would think the ones from the dollar store would be as fun as the freebees they hand out at the health department (don't fill them with water. It'll make you cry).
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

lol! at work we had a our own medical department and they had one office with a bunch of those on the wall in a giant plastic slot thing. just to be funny they labeled the top slots "small" the middle ones "medium" and the bottom ones "large". the joke being that they were all the same size. still, you could tell none of the guys took the ones from the top slots.

somehow tho.. dollar store condoms... not to be mean, but usually when i get stuff from there, it's an item not meant to last. ...and sure condoms are one-use items (i hope!) but... yeah. i'd want them to be long lasting ya know?

Comment

I seem to be the possessor of quite a few condoms.

Good until either 2009 or 2010.

Anyone want them?
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

They're about a dollar if you buy them in 24 packs at drugstores, but that's one area where I wouldn't trust generic dollar store items.

Comment

I would not want condoms or a pregnancy test from the dollar store.....I'd rather go to Wally World and pay the extra cash.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Funny story. I used to work in a 1 & 2 dollar store. When we first opened we did not carry condoms. Our phone rang this one time & one of our very easily embarassed young girls got the, "Do you sell condoms?" question. She turned dark dark red and responded astoundidly, "NOOO!" Later...we carried condoms. Not pregnancy tests, though. They sold only sometimes.
                When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Meh. I wouldn't buy my condems there. Well... maybe I would if I ever required them

In anycase... It could be good. I mean, that means poor people who have twenty kids can buy one. But then clerks would likely have to teach a class on how to use it.

On the serious side: I'd much rather have that item sold anywhere. Even if people shouldn't be having it, at least its something that can help if they choose too.
                  Military Spouse Support.
                  http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                  Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

...I think if you have 20 kids, it's a bit too late to be going for condoms.

Comment

Working...
                    X