This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tattoos

GingerBiscuit mentioning she was getting a tattoo made me think of this. So I'm making a thread for people to post pics of tattoos they or a friend have. I personally don't have any, but I love seeing what different people have. Here's one my friend just got.

+10 gamer points to the first person who can tell me exactly what it's from.
    Attached Files
    Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

I have 8 tattoos:

My first was an Indian horse-head. He's got a feather in his mane. He's on my left shoulder blade.
    A fairy on my lower back (my tramp stamp). She goes all the way across my lower back. She's pretty.
    Tinkerbell on my left thigh. She's got an attitude.
    Pic, this is what she looks like (not my actual tattoo, obviously)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tink.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	2028882

A dolphin on the right side of my lower abdomen.
    My favorite saying, written in cursive & Italian, "Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often" on my right shoulder blade.
    A cute little purple hippo, she's a princess ballerina. She's on my right ankle. Her pic is here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	tatt.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	2028861

Sorry the pic's not so good, I just took the pic with my camera phone.

Then on my right hip, it's a cute little tattoo that says "Babycakes" with a small little blue flower.
    And my last one (so far) is an outline of a shark on my left ankle.

Of course all of my tattoos can be shown/hidden if I want. And I want one more, which will be a lotus...which will represent my life and my being able to rise above all the dirt and mud, and still have a beautiful life.
    All my tatts have meanings and stories behind them.
    Last edited by hopie144; 10-27-2008, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Quoth Ghengis51 View Post
      +10 gamer points to the first person who can tell me exactly what it's from.
      Twilight Princess :-) Awesome tat!
      "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
      - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
        Twilight Princess :-) Awesome tat!
        I'll give you a cookie too. Best part is that when non-gamers see it, it's still nice looking.
        Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

Comment

Eh, it's ok. I need to get a bigger picture of it. It's a heart that says MOM.
          Attached Files
          "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Here's mine! It's a phoenix that covers most of my left calf. I LOVE IT!

The pic isn't from the best angle, though. Have you ever tried to take a picture of your calf? It's tough!

Phoenix
            "I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons" - Douglas Adams
            "If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off . . . " - unknown

Comment

I actually have a design I've been meaning to put on my forearm, but haven't gotten around to it yet (also haven't set aside the money to pay for it...)

I'm getting the same tatoo, twice on my left forearm, twice on my right, over the next decade or so (as depressing a thought as that is). It's a dogtag and chain, the first of which will be on my left forearm and will have my mother's father's name, rank, unit, and years of birth and death. Then, when his wife dies (which seems to be coming up relatively soon), I'll get the same thing for her put right next to it.

Then, when my father's dad dies, I'll get a similar one for him on my right forearm, and then when his wife dies I'll get the same thing, except with 'civilian' written where the others have rank and unit (My fraternal grandmother is the only grandparent I have who didn't serve in WW2.).

I also plan to get a typical Eagle and Anchor symbol on my right shoulder when I join the Marines, because that's just proper tradition.

I've been trying to figure out a place on my body where a picture of a crumbling tower with 'never forget' under it would look good. No luck yet, but I'm looking.
              "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

My best friend and I have the exact same tattoo. It was my Christmas present to her nearly two years ago. We wanted to avoid doing something BFF-ish and didn't want to include names. It had to be something personal AND related to our friendship so that, in the event of a friendship collapse, we wouldn't risk regretting it.

The infinity symbol is for our nearly 15 year friendship. If you turn it on its side it becomes an 8. We were both born on the 8th of our respective months. The narcissus is my birth flower. The morning glory is hers.
                Attached Files
                "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Comment

I got this one a while ago and haven't been able to go back and see my tattoo artist yet to get it colored. I'm working on drawing more to add to it.
                  Attached Files
                  Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

I have two so far
                    Attached Files
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Ive attached mine. The middle part is a tribal dragon I got over 6 years ago. The wings I have had for about 6 months... I love them.

My hubby, cousin and I are each going to get a Triforce tat so show that we're all gamer geeks..

I just think tattoos are such a beautiful form of self expression, and I get crap for just the few I have. Wait til I get my entire back done..

Im looking for new tat ideas so please feel free to share if anyone has ideas.
                      Last edited by Amina516; 12-10-2013, 04:51 PM.

Comment

The quality of this image is pretty bad, this photo was taken of my second tattoo just after it was done on my then mobile. You can still see the redness and the colours are a lot brighter than what it is now. I have named him Binky the baby dragon! the other tattoo I have is of a kitten drinking, and her name is Pebbles after my late kitty! But I don't have a picture of her sadly.
                        I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

ok I took some better photos
                          and now I have one of the kity

Last edited by Binky; 10-14-2008, 01:38 AM. Reason: change one of the photos
                          I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

Quoth Binky View Post
                            ok I took some better photos
                            and now I have one of the kity

I LOVE the cat...Nice!
                            Last edited by Ree; 11-05-2008, 09:41 AM.

Comment

I have 4 tattoos (sorry, I don't have any pics):

A rose on the outside of my left ankle.

The Chinese symbol for "Beauty" on the inside of my left ankle.

A butterfly on the inside of my right ankle.

A little flower with a heart on my chest.
                              I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Working...
                              X