This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you WANT your laptop stolen?!

Had a woman in the store today with a brand-spanking new MacBook Pro. Like, the NEW NEW ones they released less than a week ago and cost $2000 and up. She had some stuff on it that she wanted printed up at our Copy Center and was transferring it to a flash drive when she started to run out of battery power. So she brought it over to the Service Desk where I was and asked if she could plug it in for a minute so she could finish the file transfer. I said sure, plugged it in for her, and went off to do something else.

Less than a minute later, I came back, and she was gone, but the laptop was still there, unattended!!!!

I looked around in a near panic and she was NOWHERE to be found. I was in a complete bind because the New Service Desk is very open and there was nothing to stop an unscrupulous individual from snatching it up and waltzing out the door with it.

I eventually stashed it out of sight in a cubby hole under the counter until she came back. The trusting fool of a woman actually didn't come back for nearly ten minutes.

I made a point of telling her that she should not leave valuables unattended like that; she seemed unconcerned.

Idiot.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

That woman obviously considers it to be a trophy for her, "Oh look at me, I have a MacBook, I'm better than all you other laptop ho's!"

I'm very paranoid about leaving my laptop unattended, regardless of whether it's running or not. Even when I'm working on uni assignments, I'll save it, shut it off and take it along with me when I go book-hunting. Ditto for if I have to change from uni to work clothes (I WOULD strip...but then again, I don't think half a dozen law students wanna see my bewbs ) and even at work, I'll leave it in the cash office or the manager's office if I get there early enough (it doesn't fit in my locker anyway-the bag that is)
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
      I don't think half a dozen law students wanna see my bewbs
      what about the accounting students

oh and the idiot in the OP... either she is WAY too trusting, or she thinks that if it did get stolen it would be your fault anyway.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I don't think half a dozen law students wanna see my bewbs
        Wanna bet?
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Hey Fireheart, I'll strip with ya if you want. Then you won't be lonely.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
            Hey Fireheart, I'll strip with ya if you want.
            Why can I NEVER find the smiley when I need it... HEY IRV! Can I borrow your "This thread is useless without pics" smiley?

Comment

Rocky Horror at Tech College in Socorro New Mexico.

Be there this upcoming year. Sit in the front row.
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Rocky Horror at Tech College in Socorro New Mexico.

Be there this upcoming year. Sit in the front row.
                Gimme the date, and I will do my absolute damnedest. I've never seen a Rocky show.

And I must now remember to never let you know what I look like...
                >_>
                <_<

Comment

I'll find out when you tell the people at the door you've never seen it because they'll quiz you all right.

And, for the record, there is no Shower Scene. (They asked me how many nuns were in the shower scene. I was the only one to get that right! )

Comment

Sorry to disappoint Ladies and gents, but I'm in Australia and while I don't study law, I am studying Criminal Justice as part of my Arts degree. That allows me to use the law library. Well, I know that non-law people can as well, but most people cbf hauling their butts up four flights of stairs. I do It's nice, peaceful and the only place where it doesn't matter where I sit, I can get a powerpoint for my laptop. The reason why I considered stripping is because the tables going against the window have a piece of wood up in front of them, preventing distractions and allowing people to work. Most people generally wouldn't look in my area.
                    So anyone who wants to see bewbs will have to come to Australia or miss out

(also a little bit fftopic: but I'm in a band as well and last night we had a performance. Rather than spread out over the dressing rooms at our local theatre, we wound up in the practice room. Two of our colleagues chose to strip....IN FRONT OF ALL OF US! This was met with a lot of wolf-whistles. And no, it wasn't completely naked either, it was just their shirts.)
                    Last edited by fireheart; 10-22-2008, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Why don't we all go to Vegas instead? It's legal to show boobies there.

Comment

Why don't we all go to Vegas instead? It's legal to show boobies there.
                        Among other things
                        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Well, we may as well do an entire strip show then, whaddaya say EQ?
                          Shall we entertain the gents?

Comment

Of course, my dear.

Bring the milk boys, because the sweets are coming up.

No, seriously. You'll need the vitamins.

Comment

Well, we may as well do an entire strip show then, whaddaya say EQ?
                              Shall we entertain the gents?
                              Of course, my dear.
                              Blimey.

Back to the original topic (if it doesn't result in my immediate stoning to death)

I am constantly telling people to put their valuables away, they leave Sat Navs plugged in and attached to the windscreen so they glow like a beacon to thieves, they leave £2000 bikes unlocked in a shed with a £10 padlock, they leave their handbags on the front seats of their unlocked cars when they buy petrol, they leave their front doors unlocked when they go to bed at night, they leave the car keys to their brand new Audis/Mercs/BMWs on a table abouy two foot from the front letterbox. I have even had one guy leave his laptop on, open and left on the passenger seat of his brand new Lamborghini (sp?).

People do all these things and put themselves at risk, yet if they did none of these things far less crime would ever occur.
                              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
                              X