This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Epic Battle...

with my own purse of all things! I picked up some stuff in a shop the other day and so I'm waiting to pay. I get called up and take out my purse. The shop requires customers to have a card so I manage to get that out of my purse, but in doing so I managed to slide my debit card down behind my driver's licence(spelling is very crap tonight...uni notes taking their toll). I have a purse thats full of slots you can put your cards in, which is great, because I have loads of them. Unfortunately, this means that everything's packed in pretty tight. The driver's licence is in the smallest place by a see through bit to be used as easy ID. So I start trying to dig out the debit card and its really stuck in. Honestly, I was there for around 15 minutes (although it felt more like an hour) as my purse changed into a fierce leech, continually sucking back my precious card. The poor cashier had the pliers out, but they were too big to fit in, so she found a metal piece that I had to use to cut the card free. By this point a huge queue has formed behind me and am getting serious glares.

It was really sucky of me, although I really didn't set out to do it on purpose and the cashier remained jolly throughout, bless her. Just felt awfully embarrassed and practically ran out away from there. I am an embarrassment to myself in public

Quoth PizzaDrone View Post
    It was really sucky of me, although I really didn't set out to do it on purpose
    ack!

Wasn't really sucky - but I bet it appeared that way from farther back in the line. Dog bless your trooper of a cashier.

Comment

HA, I pictured slightly different until I realized purse=wallet for us yanks

Same things has happened to me several times.....I curse the card slots.
      "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

You sure? Because I've seen actual purses with lots of spaces for cards and a windowed spot for ID.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I tuck things like my debit card and license into those slots vertically instead of horizontally so they'll be easier to get out. And I quit putting my license in the mesh-window part because anyone who needs to see my license for any reason will want me to pull it out anyway.

And yes, it's a purse (handbag) with those pockets. I quit carrying a wallet as I hardly ever carry much cash.
          Women can do anything men can.
          But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
          Maxine

Comment

Working...
          X