This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those would be MY groceries, Ma'am.

While grocery shopping today, I had parked my cart next to a tortilla shelve to have a look at the different brands and prices. I made sure that it wouldn't be in anyone's way and went about browsing the selection. About a minute or so into this a woman walked by and started pushing my cart without a moment of hesitation. My initial thought was that she was moving it to reach for something I may have parked it in front of, but I quickly realized that wasn't the case.

She just kept walking, no stopping, no slowing - nothing.

That didn't quite sit well with me.

"Excuse me? Why are you taking my cart?"

She seemed really surprised when I said that. She apologized immediately, saying that she didn't realize that it wasn't her cart and that "it was nothing personal."

I never once thought it was a personal matter, Ma'am. I just don't want you walking off with my groceries is all.

After that she mumbled to herself about not knowing where her cart is but found it a few feet away, next to a bread/cookie stand and facing the opposite direction.

Now, I can understand how sometimes we all get caught up in our own thoughts - start thinking of this and that - and lose ourselves a bit. But what I don't get is that the front basket of my cart had peanut butter, vegetable broth, and a few kitchen sponges in it.

Hers had a pumpkin.

How can you get confused like that? I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt, because who knows? But still, the whole thing seemed kinda fishy.

Not really sucky, just more of a WTF? kind of thing.

Was your purse or bag in the cart?

Other than that, it sound innocent enough...my husband would be oblivious enough to pull something like that. Observant he is not...

Comment

We get one of those about once a week.

Comment

When I was working in a supermarket is wasn’t uncommon to have an announcement over the speaker. “if any customer thinks they have the wrong trolley could you please bring it to customer service”. I suppose people just don’t look.

Comment

I done that once. And I didn't even have a cart to start with. I took a few steps and then realized that I have a cart & brought it back to them. I felt like a doofus after that
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
            Other than that, it sound innocent enough...my husband would be oblivious enough to pull something like that. Observant he is not...
            I have to admit I have done that before. My ex-wife is/was famous for leaving the cart unattended then asking me to go retrive it from such and such aisle. so i get there and usually grab the first unattended cart I saw. Yeah can't even begin to tell ya how many times I snatched the wrong one.

Comment

I'm sure it wasn't intentional. She probably just had a brain fart.

Now if the items had already been paid for and you were in the parking lot, it would be suspicious!

Comment

Quoth Familytradition View Post
                When I was working in a supermarket is wasn’t uncommon to have an announcement over the speaker. “if any customer thinks they have the wrong trolley could you please bring it to customer service”. I suppose people just don’t look.
                If I had a dollar for every time I heard that announcement, I'd never need to work again.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

"What we have here is a combination of kleptomania and severe retardation"

If anyone gets that quote I'll be amazed.
                  If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Working...
                  X