This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Props to a Chapters

I was looking for a birthday present for my girlfriend the other day, and I had in mind a book on Egyptian glyphs. (She loves anything connected to ancient Egypt-glyphs, mythology, cultural practices, even arhchitechure) So I went into a Chapters near my house, and browsed around until I found what I wanted. Not thinking that was enough, I got the brainwave to look and see if they had anything on tattoos, which she also loves-preferably a large, hardcover, coffee table-type book with lots of pictures. So I go to the searching station, and search for "tattoo". They had one that I thought would work, so I searched for it and couldn't find it. (It was supposed to be in art.) So I asked an employee if he would give me a hand to find it. He and I looked all over the art section, to no avail. He checked downstairs and on the customer hold shelf, as well, just in case it was there. No luck.

Disappointed, I continued to browse for a little bit, in part to see if there was anything else my girlfriend might like. I couldn't see anything, so I went downstairs to the checkout. While I was waiting in line, a different employee came up to me and asked if I was the gentleman (Heh. "Gentleman" ) that was looking for the book on tattoo. I said that I was, and she led me up to the "entertainment" section of the store, where I was able to find exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks, Chapters, for making my girlfriends birthday kick ass!
    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Working...
X