This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manager abruptly transferred

Just a few minutes ago I got an email from my Sales Manager, saying that he was told today that it was his last day at our store and that he was being transferred to another store in the district effective immediately.

This is yet another ominous development. He did not say why he was being transferred (though it's possible that he doesn't even know yet), but I have a feeling I know why. I think it may be due to our ASP/ESP/Tech numbers. They've always been on our case about it (as I outlined in my Reasons For Leaving thread), and it may be the case that they are tired of it and are going top bring in a new Sales Manager who will take amore aggressive line about pulling the numbers up.

That being the case, I may need to jump ship sooner than planned.

Of course, it's also possible that they'll make my Department Lead (who is also a Manager Trainee who has been eligible for promotion for a while now) the new Sales Manager, in which case they may ask me to be the new Lead. As far as I know I'm still the top candidate (despite all the various happenings).

So this could be very good or very bad, but I have a feeling it's going to be bad......
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

I say, as usual, keep us updated as things happen.
    Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

I emailed him back and he says that he was told by the district manager that if he stayed at our store "it would not be good for his career."

That would seem to confirm my suspicions........
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Wow. Just... Wow.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Moving into "Morons in Management" territory here......

So not only did they transfer our Sales Manager with no warning, they did so without arranging for anyone to cover his scheduled shifts. So as far as I know, there is NO opening manager tomorrow. And without an opening manager, we CAN'T OPEN, because they're the only ones with keys to the building, not to mention the codes for the alarm system.

Way to go, dumbasses......

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

If you're on the opening shift where there's no manager, don't forget to insist that you get paid for the time you stood around waiting for someone. They told you to be there at X:XX, you were there, you get paid, and you'll explain it to the labor board if they don't. After all, what are they going to do? Get pissed off and fire you?

Comment

That happend to use Gurndigarn.. the opening manager came late and just told us to clock in and she'll fix the times on the computer (it won't let them punch us in, just adjust our times)

Comment

Working...
              X