This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was an SC

Yes, it happened, I was an SC last week. I completely blew it at the supermarket. Completely and totally blew it.

The checkout lane was designated as an express lane that day. I never noticed the sign saying 15 items or less and, in my defense, it was a white piece of paper over the white lane number (The one with the light in it) so it wasn't exactly an inconspicuous sign. But I admit, I blew it. I piled the entire shopping cart (about 3/4 full) while she was ringing up the customer ahead of me. Then, she looked up, looked at me, and said, "This is the express lane, sir."

I froze.

I felt like I was wearing a dunce cap.

I felt like I was standing in my underwear in the checkout lane.

I felt like one of them. I was the moron that couldn't read the sign that said EXPRESS LANE 15 ITEMS OR LESS instead of being the person behind that putz.

I apologized profusely. There was nobody behind me, so she went ahead and rang me up anyways. I still offered to load it all back up in the cart and move down to the 'regular' lanes if she wanted me to. I felt like such an oaf!

As I was walking out, I was thinking, why did she wait until I had 3/4 of a cart worth of groceries up on the belt before mentioning to me that it was the express lane? Didn't she notice me loading stuff up on there for 2 minutes? Granted she was probably too involved with the customer she was serving to notice me, but still, you'd think one would notice the next customer is loading the belt, right?

I dunno. She was very understanding, and I was humble, but I couldn't help think that if I had been on the other side of the belt, I would have noticed long before the cart was unloaded, no?

-Joe

You weren't a SC at all. You made a simple mistake, never flipped out or got angry when she said it was an express lane, and everything worked out fine.

Things likem aking simple human errors or simply expecting good service or politely making complaints to the manager when needed is not SC behaviour at all. The customer isn't always right, but the employee sure isn't either. It's ok to make mistakes or to expect good service, so I don't think you should call yourself a SC at all 'cause you aren't one

Kibbles

Comment

I don't think think you were an SC either. An SC would act more like this.

SC(bringing a full cart to the express line): Ring this up now!

Express Checker: This is an express line and you have way too many items.

SC: I'm a customer and I can do whatever I want!

EC: You need to go to a regular lane.

SC: I'm not moving and you're going to ring me up whether you like it or not!

EC: There are people waiting.

SC: Make them wait!

(EC pages manager. Manager shows up immediately.)

M: Is there a problem?

EC: This customer has too many items and won't move to a regular line and he's holding up the express line.

M: Sir, you need to move to another line.

SC: I already told your employee that I'm not moving!

M: Then I'm going to have to ask you to leave!

SC: Fine, I will. (storms off without items)

M (to EC): Good job for not taking that customer with several items.

EC: Thanks.

M: Happy to help.
      My Fanfic Page
      My Fiction Page
      My Social Group
      My Pet Social Group
      My You Tube Channel

Comment

what a dunce you are, I m only joking. Did you make a big fuss over it? NOOOOOOOO. By all terms you are not an SC
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Yeah, I guess you guys are right.... I still felt like I easily deserved the dunce of the day award!!

Comment

Working...
          X