This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like giving up

Ugh. They cut my hours again. Down to 16 hours next week. How do I pay mortgage and bills and child support on that?
    I've been out looking, not really finding anything.

So when I do go to work, it's usually for only 5 hours a day, for 3 days. When I get there, I don't feel like doing a thing. In fact, I only do the bare minimum.

I just don't care about that job anymore. They only reason I haven't just quit is because it's some money coming in, at least.

And the funny part is, when I do come in from my "mini-vacation" my department is a total disaster. Case in point: I came in at 5pm today, and all 4 aisles we have in the paint department are trashed. I mean TRASHED! And since I was the closer, guess who got to clean it up before he left? Me, of course. I only got half-way done because they made us leave 30 minutes early.

So now when my manager comes in tomorrow morning, guess what will happen to me? I'll get bitched at, because the dept. looks horrible. And being in the mood I am in when I get to work, I'll probably snap and walk out.

At least I'll have a good story to post.
    Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Sometimes a job is a job. Sometimes its just a bad habit, something you do because its easier than going out and starting fresh somewhere else.

Time to start fresh somewhere else. Your lot will not improve if you keep doing something that is not working out for you. Keep your current job because it's easier to get employed when you are already employed. Start looking seriously, make a plan, stick to it, and get out.

I am the survivor of a number of "bad habits." And I am not talking about my foul mouth and my taste for booze. Sometimes, you have to shake things up a bit in your life. Maybe now is the time.

Good luck to you.

Comment

Quoth Knightmare View Post
      I came in at 5pm today, and all 4 aisles we have in the paint department are trashed. I mean TRASHED! And since I was the closer, guess who got to clean it up before he left? Me, of course. I only got half-way done because they made us leave 30 minutes early.

So now when my manager comes in tomorrow morning, guess what will happen to me? I'll get bitched at, because the dept. looks horrible.

Was it a managerial type that made you leave half an hour early? If so, make mention of that fact.

Best of luck, come what may.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Don't quit, other wise, you may not have any money for as ever long as it takes, to get another job. Don't do like I did with my last job. I called in that day, and told them I quit. It took me a year, before I got another job. I could not even get unemployment for that time.
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

That's right, if you quit, you are not usually eligible for unemployment.

Comment

Working...
          X