This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid parent at Pizza Hut

I did it! I succeeded in totally humiliating a stupid parent! While my mother was extremely embarrassed and....quite angry with me, I think the entire restaurant was secretly giving me an inaudiable roud of applause.

So last Friday, my mom and dad and I went to Pizza Hut to catch up on stuff (and I was waiting for my laundry to finish, which takes hours). Just as there MUST be at every restaurant everywhere 24/7........there was a stupid parent and, of course, a bratty toddler and a bratty child.

It was, of course, very typical, or should I say, stereotypical. Stupid soccer mom type woman (probably mid 30s, although desperately trying to hide it with more makeup than I wear, over teased, over coiffed hair, too much Elizabeth Taylor perfume, and, of course, beautiful gold earrings and necklace, and, well, what stupid soccer mom would be complete without her chirping Nextel walkie talkie phone superglued to her hand!) *my father has the same phone. I will never overcome my urge to toss it right out the window at an oncoming semi truck*

Anyways, stupid soccer mom is deep into her conversation that nearly the entire restaurant can hear, courtesy of Nextel's brilliant idea to make their phone a walkie talkie. (It's a pretty small Pizza Hut). But pretty soon, the conversation could no longer be heard, because what started to fill the room and make my ears want to bleed?

You guessed it! The high pitch, shrill, blood curdling noise of a child screaming. The bigger boy (probably 5 or so) was pulling the little boy's (probably 2 or 3) hair. The little one broke free, ducked under the table, and ran to the salad bar, where he proceeded to run into it.

*Forgive me, I know everyone is going to want to slap me for saying this, but I thought it was fricken hilarious........I love it when children bounce off of things*

But alas, the shreiking recommenced as soon as the little boy realized that ouch, this hurt my head. He began screaming his head off and running laps around the salad bar. The older boy was laughing at him.

Did stupid soccer mom get up to take her children to the bathroom to warn them that if they continued this obnoxious, EMBARRASSING behavior, that they'd be leaving? NOOOO......of course not! These two little boys are her ANGELS....they can't do any wrong. If she has to put up with these two warthogs screaming and laughing and beating on each other all day, surely everyone else in this restaurant must too! She just sat there with her mouth agape.....but it was probably because whomever she was walkie-talkying to just told her a deep dark secret about Mrs. Henderson, and the twins not being Mr. Henderson's babies.

After the little boy got over what happened, he seemed to have forgotten everything, and ran to his big brother, and they then proceeded to do laps TOGETHER around the salad bar, screaming their little heads off, and driving me to want to throw both of them out the door and at an oncoming semi truck. I'm sorry, but I despise children, and while I understand that we can't make "no children allowed" restaurants, no paying customer should have to deal with someone else's poorly behaved children and even worse non-existent parenting skills.

That's when I had it. I yelled, "Hey moron, get your children under control or take them to CHUCKY CHEESE where you all belong!"

My mother was exasperated and, through clenched teeth, said "BLAS! Just ignore them!" My dad didn't want to get in the middle of it, but later on that night, he told me that I did the right thing, and that some parents need a good embarrassment to prove how terrible they are.

The stupid woman was stunned. I think she nearly dropped her phone. She gave me a "HOW DARE YOU!" Look, which was returned from me with a "What the hell are you going to do about it?" Look. Under all those layers of caked on makeup, I swore I saw the deepest shade of red I've ever seen.

Unfortunately, my outburst didn't make the two little heathens stop screaming or running around. The Pizza Hut staff was probably too worried about getting in trouble if they'd have kicked them out, so unfortunately, the rest of the meal was spent the same way it started.......but the look on that woman's face was priceless.

Sure, I'm cruel, I'm evil, and I'm wicked. But it gave me so much joy to humilate and infuriate a stupid parent, and I don't regret doing it. I only wish I'd taken a picture.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Quoth blas87 View Post

My mother was exasperated and, through clenched teeth, said "BLAS! Just ignore them!" My dad didn't want to get in the middle of it, but later on that night, he told me that I did the right thing, and that some parents need a good embarrassment to prove how terrible they are.
    This is something that restaurant staff should be allowed to do, embarrass parents with loud children who don't shut up and the parents don't do anything about it. I've seen parents who have children that keep quiet in very nice places and I praise them for doing their job, it's hard finding a sitter and I understand that because I went through all that when my parents couldn't take me along.

When I've had to deal with noisy children in restaurants, I try and bear it hoping that they are leaving soon but if they aren't I just tell myself that they will be gone soon. Good job for telling them off.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Don't feel bad...your Dad is right and this is one of the few times it's ok not to listen to good ol' mom....
      And I also think the part about the kid bouncing off the salid bar is hilarious. (I have 3 step grandkids that mean the world to me but I'd laugh at them in the same circumstances*
      Reminds of someething I did to a kid that was running amuck in a movie I was at at age 17 or so....He was running up and down the aisle of the movie and on about the 5th pass my foot found it's way into the ame aisle...it's been more than 20 years since that happened and I still don't feel bad about it either.

Comment

*Forgive me, I know everyone is going to want to slap me for saying this, but I thought it was fricken hilarious........I love it when children bounce off of things*
        heh, i do too, and i'm a parent (but not of a screaming heathen) and definitely not a soccer mom (i'm about as 'anti-soccer mom' as it gets).

good on you for embarrassing that hag; no one should be subjected to that kind of crap-you're also paying for a dinner out, which means you have the right to get pissed when someone's being a total dumbass breeder.
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I don't blame you for thinking the child bouncing off the salad bar was funny. I don't find it funny myself when children get hurt as a general rule, but when a child has an "owie" because of some stupid thing they were doing, I do find it amusing for two reasons: they learn that the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics does, indeed, apply to the real world, and its funny (so long as they aren't really hurt - like bleeding or whatnot, which from the description above doesn't seem that they were).

I also don't blame you for "hating" children. Not everybody likes kids, and they make some people downright uncomfortable. Personally, I like children, but I absolutely despise the behavior parents today allow them to get away with (man, that made me sound old - is that bad when I'm only 29). I don't have children, and I shouldn't have to deal with the screaming, ranting, raving, throwing, noise, smell, etc that offends my senses. While I do understand that children will not always behave, parents need to understand that the general population expects them to take responsibility for their child's actions, make an effort to correct unwanted behavior, and be prepared to remove the child from a situation where everybody else is being unreasonably subjected to unwanted noise, etc. All in all, I don't think the general population is asking too much.

In the same situation, I have made comments like that to parents. After all, someone has to stand up to these people to remind them they have a responsibility when they have children (not that it would do any good, but should still be said). I refuse to allow my valuable free time to be ruined by a child who is screaming, running around, etc when their parent will do nothing about it. If I'm having a bad time, you're going to have a bad time too, Mr/Ms Sucky Parent. Learn to discipline your children!

Incidentally, in situations like that, I don't just make one comment. I start by asking if they would mind trying to calm down their children. If that doesn't work, I start to make comments to the people around me in a way they can hear. If still nothing happens, I will continually bother the parent until they take action, or leave. Like I said before, if my good time is ruined, so is yours. Am I wrong for that?

...don't you know the first law of physics? "Anything that's fun costs at least $8.00."
          - Cartman

Comment

I've been in that situation. Am I an evil bitch cuz I caused 2 families of screechbrats and stupid parents to be turfed out on their ears cuz I complained to the manager about them?
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Hah! I love you blas. I wish i could have done that with some peopel I have met. i never had the courage to do so. Good for you, for actully saying something. I mean honestly,that mum needed to be scared straight.

Comment

I was at a restaurant and took care of a similar problem a different way. About five kids between 5-10 were running around, throwing stuff and screaming. The restaurant was busy, but we saw the parents (we knew they were the parents because the kids would stop and talk to them between games of tag) paying the check. It was a group of four adults, I think. We assumed they would leave soon, so we decided to grit it out.

We assumed wrong. The adults were chatting and had no intention of going anywhere; thirty minutes later they hadn't moved at all and didn't appear to be planning it any time soon. So they were not only ignoring/endangering their children, they were taking up valuable space that could be occupied by paying (and tipping!) customers.

Finally I'd had enough. I spoke to our waitress and gently pointed out the safety hazard and the fact that the wild children were ruining our pleasant meal.

To my suprise, she grinned a bit evilly and said, "I'm so glad you said something."

She went to her manager and together they went over to the table. A few words were exchanged quietly. I didn't hear what was said, but nobody appeared to get angry.

Next thing I knew the parents called the children back to the table and, after a few minutes of having to actually deal with their own bored children, they found sitting around gabbing to be too much trouble and left.

The waitress came back and I thanked her for taking care of it. She told me that her manager wasn't going to do anything unless a customer complained. That's why she was so happy I complained.
                The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Argh, never drop the Chuck E. Cheese bomb. Please.

Don't let out of control brats with naive mothers go there either, that's how people like me (the ex-rat mascot herself) get kicked in the stomach.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                    I did it! I succeeded in totally humiliating a stupid parent! *Forgive me, I know everyone is going to want to slap me for saying this, but I thought it was fricken hilarious........I love it when children bounce off of things*
                    I laughed so hard when I read that, that I blew boogers all over my work tie. Now I have to go clean it off.

Comment

I have a four year old (who does NOT run about in restaurants), and to be honest, I'd probably laugh at the bratty kid running into the salad bar too...heck, i'd laugh at my own kid doing the same thing. I'm not quite sure why you didn't just call the manager over and make a complaint about the woman, though, instead of hollering through the restaurant and disturbing even more people - if enough paying customers complain about her, they WILL ask her to leave.

That's the great thing about having a well-behaved child - she likes to comment on the behaviour of other children. I swear, people have been known to corral their brats after my daughter has said in her penetrating small-child voice "Those other children are being very naughty, aren't they, Mummy?" For some reason, another child commenting on the fact is embarrassing to these people in the way that another adult isn't.

I like loud people on mobile phones. I like joining in with their conversations, or giving them advice, and when they try and glare at me and say that they are having a private conversation, I like to give them my sweetest most evil smile and say "Well, feel free to keep it private then !"
                      A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                      - Dave Barry

Comment

I've actually done that too. Now - I ADORE kids. I don't have any of my own, so I adore other people's kids haha. However, there's a line. I have no problem putting a child in line, but there's only so much I can do. Working at a grocery store, I have a bit of clout when it comes to kids and those stupid stupid roller shoes - the sneakers with the wheels in the back....but that's another rant for another time.

My story takes place in the Atlanta International Airport two years ago. I was flying to Savannah, GA from Tampa for Thanksgiving - my aunt and uncle lived on Parris Island at the time, and Thanksgiving was at their house that year. I flew from Tampa to Atlanta to Savannah. Waiting in the terminal, I was watching a movie on my laptop. It was plugged into the wall to recharge so I could watch it on the flight to Savannah. There were two adults sitting in the chairs across from me with a 2-year old child. Now - this child was probaby BARELY two years old. He was running around the terminal, running up to perfect strangers, and almost knocking my computer off my lap a few times (right at his shoulder level). The idiocy of these parents should be noted: Mom went to Starbucks to get coffee/tea...some sort of hot beverage. Junior wanted some, so she gives him the f-ing cup!!!! What does he do? Up-ends it like he would a sippy cup of milk or juice, and SCREAMS. Their stuff is hot even for me...and I was 19 at the time. After the second time he almost hit my computer, I asked the parents rather politely to keep him under control. I got the dirtiest glare, and the "I hope you never have children" from darling mom. I glared at her and said, "I will, and they will be MUCH better behaved than him. You let him run around an international airport terminal? What's wrong with you? Do you have ANY idea how fast he could disappear onto a flight to who-knows-where and wind up halfway across the country before you even knew he was missing? We're trying to simply relax here before the plane gets here. He's almost knocked my $1000 computer off my lap twice now. I doubt that's something you'd want to replace." At which point she responds "it's YOUR computer, it's YOUR responsibitlity". I fire back "not if YOUR child destroys it. Look - I adore children, I really do. I just have no tolerance for parents who refuse to accept responsibility for what they've created". And with that, I put my headphones back on and continued to watch my movie...hoping I wasn't sitting next to them on the plane. Turns out I boarded before they did, and as I'm sitting my seat, just hanging out, she passes with her child saying "he CAN be well, behaved, y'know". I say "I'm sure he can...the problem is that you don't enforce it", and turn forward again. It left me fuming, but I felt I made my point. It's also funny to note that one of the people he ran up to said quietly to me after I argued with her the first time "they should require a license to have kids nowadays". I replied "seriously". That made me feel SO much better. Wonder where that kid is now...
                        Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

Quoth thegiraffe View Post
                          Wonder where that kid is now...
                          My guess: Timbucktoo.
                          The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth thegiraffe View Post
                            I've actually done that too. Now - I ADORE kids. I don't have any of my own, so I adore other people's kids haha. However, there's a line. I have no problem putting a child in line, but there's only so much I can do. Working at a grocery store, I have a bit of clout when it comes to kids and those stupid stupid roller shoes - the sneakers with the wheels in the back....but that's another rant for another time.
                            Gah! I hate those damn things! It's not enough that America's already obese, let's let our kids think it's alright to just 'skate' through life! And it's not like they don't have perfectly good legs, if they're upright and using those damn roller shoes!
                            *fume, fume, fume*
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Banrion: My guess was more like raising Hell at a preschool or kindergarten somewhere, but...Timbuktu works also haha.

Juwl: Yeah...they're horrible. They're horribly unsafe too...I started a thread in 'off-topic', so...rant away!
                              Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

Working...
                              X