This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F*ck you Mother Nature!

So today we're getting a little bitch of a snowstorm. Looks like this winter will be a carbon copy of last winter. We had another snowstorm Sunday into Monday.

And if that isn't bad enough, these snowstorms happen to be falling on our busiest shopping days. Today is Senior Day, and Senior Day in December is usually batshit crazy. We're forecast to do about $95K in sales; we'll be lucky to do a third of that.

We're forecast to do $70K on Friday and $95K on Saturday, and what's in the forecast? Possible snowstorm. We can haz massive cuts in hours because we're not making sales?

Seriously, all this snow can go eat my ass.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Is anyone else getting an image of Frosty the Snowman biting Irv on the ass?
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

sadly i got the disturbing image of him being violated from behind with frostys carrot......
      This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
      my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

I walked into band practice friday before last. It was buggering cold. I was bundled up in a long coat and scarf, struggling with a guitar case, shivering. Everyone knows how much I hate winter. Rest of the band watched me. Ivar (who's hatred of cold is only rivaled only by my own), shivering on the sofa with a cup of hot coffee clutched in his hands, says knowingly "Yeah, you're as miserable as I am, aren't you."

I just looked silently at him, and then looked back at the door closing shut behind me as gusts of icy wind blasted through. I turned around and gave the Great Outdoors the digitus impudicus with my heavily gloved hand.

Isn't this suposed to be freakin' South Carolina? Isn't the weather supposed to be mild here?????

Comment

It is mild, the problem is that once you get used to it mild seems normal so mild cold = cold.

You should try living in PA for a few years, THEN going down there, won't notice a thing, except possibly the heat.
          "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

See, that is our problem. The weather fluctuates so wildly down here in winter we never acclimate to it. Thanksgiving day, we could run around in shirtsleeves. The following day I was working up a sweat changing a tire.

Day after that it was howling arctic wind. Just crazy. So we never really get used to it. You're right, if it stays really cold for a while, your body adjusts. But that really doen't happen very often down here. It can be warm and springlike in the afternoon, and then an hour later snowing.

Comment

Quoth SteeleDragon78 View Post
              sadly i got the disturbing image of him being violated from behind with frostys carrot......
              Son of a bitch....
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                yeah in my mind he wasnt so much biting as..... domineering......

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                  yeah in my mind he wasnt so much biting as..... domineering......
                  Hmmm . . . Frosty wearing black leather and armed with a whip.

I don't see Rankin-Bass producing another Frosty special for quite a while . . .
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

My rear is still sore from Frosty's carrot on Tuesday night.

I am totally with you, IPF. Let's get the Hell out of here. I hate this time of year, the dangerous road conditions, the car accidents, the weather ruining my plans or being a severe detriment......I actually don't mind the cold, if it's too cold to snow, all the better, I just HATE all this snow.

And yes, it appears it's last winter all over again. Only 97 more inches of snow to go till we are neck and neck with last year.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Winter in Wisconsin, I've missed you so!!!!!!

Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Three lovely people

Hmmm . . . Frosty wearing black leather and armed with a whip.

I don't see Rankin-Bass producing another Frosty special for quite a while . . .
                        Thanks guys, I nearly wet my pants over these
                        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Hey! We've finally got some snow up here! And it's nice and gentle, too!
                          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

We have no snow in Australia....it's just so damn hot now

Instead, I can have fun letting my childhood images of Frosty the Snowman be disturbed. I even had band practice tonight...guess what cropped up? Frosty The Snowman.
                            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Okay, so today I'm wearing a light long sleeved shirt, a pair of jeans and an unlined fleece. It's fine.

After a week of having to be bundled up like Nanook of the North, fighting icy Arctic wind to get anywhere.

This is why we whine so much when it gets cold.

Comment

Working...
                              X