This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady at the Grocery Store

I am pregnant, and last night, I had an unholy craving for spagetti. So I went to the local grocery store to grab some spagetti sauce and a few other things we needed at the house. It's the "late evening, post-supper rush" so all the checkstands have a bit of a wait. I choose a line, and set my basket on the floor, as the lady in front of me had a cartfull, and it was taking up the belt. She finished unloading, and waited as well. But she is not the pain in the butt.

Lady in front of HER, had maybe eight things. One of them was this giant bottle of vitamins, and a can of something, I couldn't tell what it was. She declared that the prices on both were wrong. So the bagger took both items, and ran and checked. The can was ringing up right, but the vitamins, he couldn't find. So the lady leaves with the bagger to show him where the vitamins were and to "show you were that can was, because obviously you didn't look right."

Ugh. So they return, and she's indignant because the bagger was right, she'd looked at the wrong tag for her can. She decides to still get it, and they had finally found the vitamins, and on that, she was right. It was ringing up at several dollars more than it should have. So we had to wait on a manager to come over and fix it so it would ring up right. Luckily there was one close by.

NEXT she decides, her $30 order MUST be paid with THREE, yes THREE, different credit cards. I rest my tired, nausous, head on an empty shelf in the line. The older lady in front of me shakes her head.

If you guessed one of the annoying lady's cards declined, you get a dollar. She had to pay partially in cash.

FINALLY, fifteen minutes later, I was on my way. I don't know if I have less patience right now, but given the lady in front of me was getting cranky too, I assume it wasn't just me.
    I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

I'd get mad too, thw woman was damn inconsiderate to you, and the others in line, not to mention the poor cashier.
    Last edited by Crow The Robot; 10-19-2006, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Myra, that sucks.

Was the spaghetti worth it, though?
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

::handpat:: Having been the cashier on the receiving end of such occurrances (though, fortunately, not all at once), I sympathize. Especially with nausea and post-supper cravings to boot.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

i had the same craving last week. i got lucky, and the local store had all Ragu on on sale for 99 cents and the same with the spaghetti.

Comment

Aw Becky, it was totally worth it. I ate three plates when I got home! I wish mine had been on sale, but alas, it was not.
            I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

Comment

Myra -- You're sooo lucky to actually be able to eat spaghetti & sauce. When I was pregnant, I couldn't even *smell* pasta sauce without turning green around the gills. Couldn't set foot in an Italian restaurant neither (ILs knew that, and yet they insisted that hubby & I attend 2 birthday outings with various family members at ITALIAN restaurants - for another rant, I know).

Just wanted to say: Good Luck with the baby! Children are wonderful!

Comment

Working...
              X