Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hear ye, hear ye! Kusanagi's royal decree!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hear ye, hear ye! Kusanagi's royal decree!

Okay, I need to reiterate for my own sanity. These are the rules for when you come into my store and do business with me.

1) I am the only one working here, 99% of the time. If there is more than one group in the store, I will help and approach you in the order you came in. I don't care if it's "only going to take a second," or you "only have one question." You will wait your turn. The reason? If you're serious about buying from me, you can wait five minutes while I enter the information from one order into the computer, and we both know it.

2) If you tell me that you are just looking and tell me to "talk to the hand" by shoving it in my face, then I will assume you ARE just looking and I will drop you out of the rotational list. Don't get offended if I don't hear you sigh heavily and throw forlorn glances in my direction. Which brings me to...

3) If you have a question, ask me. I get paid to answer questions. There is no question that I cannot answer, and yes, I encourage you to ask me questions because our products are completely different and confusing. We sell merchandise from five different companies - each has their own specialties and limitations.

4) There is a delivery charge. Do not get offended when I tell you that everyone who offers free delivery hosed you by charging way too much and blinded you with a free delivery offer. We have about a 25-40% markup. You buy a mattress in the last year or shop at (major competitor)? They have a markup as high as 300% on some items. I know. I used to work for them.

5) No, you do NOT know more about our product or policies than I do. Neither does the friend you brought with you to hold your hand.

6) If you don't want to buy, just be honest. Don't make up an excuse of going out to your car, don't say you'll come back when you have no intention of doing it. If I spend an hour with you, and you make the decision not to buy, TELL ME. If we don't have what you're looking for, then maybe I can save you time and money and point you in the direction of what you're seeking. I know all the product and policies of damn near all the stores in our area, and I will still be helpful if you are honest. Telling a salesman that you'll be back to try to save face and make it easier on him has the OPPOSITE effect of what you are trying to acheive.

7) Do not come behind my desk to stare at my computer screen and try to make sense of our computer system. You won't understand it, and it would be much easier for me to just write the order and put you on the delivery truck than for me to explain every screen to you.

8) No we don't discount. No military, cash, credit, financing, day-of-the-week, "good customer" or whatever other types of discount you can come up with. The majority of discounts salesmen offer you are for whatever reason they can pull out of their ass so they can get the sale. Trust me, I used to do it. It's alot fairer to me, and to you that everyone gets treated fairly.

9) No, I cannot have them rush a special order. If you want the imported sofa from China in the highest quality leather we carry, do not walk in on Thursday and expect us to deliver it in a week. We quote four months for imports, and that's an industry standard. We do not have a fleet of 747's that can fly furniture over for you as soon as it's made.

10) I can do almost nothing from a showroom level, so please do not yell at me when you call me because your sofa was delivered "F-CKING BROKEN". We'll take care of it. That's why we have policies. We take care of everyone, but you need to understand that we can't stop a whole day of deliveries to drive back to the warehouse 200 miles to the north and drive back down just to replace the sofa. Give it a week.

11) If you buy from me in the morning and are unsure if it will fit, I explain the policy clearly to you. If you find out it won't work, call me back the SAME DAY and I can void the credit card transaction. If you don't, and I close the batch, it will take a week or two for the refund - I cannot magically pick up the phone or hit a button to credit the money back to your account. If after I explain all this, and you call me back the next morning, it doesn't matter if you try to call from half an hour before we open, every five minutes. I closed the batch last night. You will need to wait for your refund.

12) Yes, there is still a delivery fee.

13) The sale ended three days ago. The dates are on the flyer. I will not honor the sale price, when the dates were clearly listed. When the sale is over, it is over. Screaming at me will make me want to help you all the more on this issue, so please, call me every name in the book you can imagine and some words you can make up. How will I help? I will provide you with contact information for several adult night schools and GED programs to help you with your illiteracy problem because you can not see the gigantic "SALE ENDS ON SUNDAY" add in the paper, nor can you seem to get a firm grasp on the passage of time to know we ran the sale for two weeks and you just NOW got in.

14) I will not take any shit you throw at me. I will not bend down and lick your boots if you have a condescending attitude. My bills are paid and I don't need the commission on your sale to make my ends meet. I am not paid to take your abuse.

15) If you threaten me with anything that is along the lines of "You're going to lose the sale," or "You're going to lose the commission," I will openly laugh and say "Sorry, that doesn't work." Please take that little gem, because it is true no matter WHERE you go.

16) The management WILL take my side over yours if you lie, especially if you come off like a pompous ass.

17) If you're having an issue and are calling me back every ten minutes until it is solved, please, rest assured I am doing everything I can to solve it strictly for the sole purpose of getting you to shut the hell up.

18) No, I can't get around the delivery charge by having it brought HERE for you to pick it up.

19) I can not help you load anything you buy off of the floor into your car. It's a legal issue. I can get fired if I do. What? You can't pick it up? Oh, you don't want a refund either? Well I can put you in contact with a local company that can deliver floor product. Yes, they will charge. No, I am not, as you so eloquently put it, a "motherf-cker." At least, not for the reasons you are mentioning loudly.

20) The state requires we give a 4 hour window for delivery. We do. We cannot deliver the furniture in the five minutes between Dr. Phil and Oprah. If you can't be home, RESCHEDULE. Do NOT magically HOPE we will show up in those five minutes when our window is 48 times the size of that. If you are not home, we will turn around and bring it back.

21) If you provide a wrong phone number or delivery address, don't be suprised when the drivers can't find you and we can't give you a call (happened last week, customer gave us the wrong zip code AND forgot to tell us her phone number changed). It is NOT our fault and we will NOT accomodate you based on this.

22) If you stain the sofa a week after we deliver it and you did not purchase the additional cleaning/service plan, then you are SOL. I don't care if you spent $300 or $3,000 on the sofa. If you spent $300, you should have spent the additional $100 so you wouldn't have to shell out ANOTHER $300 when you get drunk and spill your wine on it. And if you payed $3,000, why the hell DIDN'T you get the protection plan? Sorry, tough.

23) If you decide to get physical with me, unless you're a Marine, I'm going to put your ass in the hospital.

There will be more, but I've just dealt with numbers 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 13, 19, and 22 TODAY. And it was from a handful of customers.

I shall add to this list in the future. The rest are just pet peeves I've had to deal with.
    "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

24.) If you are a friend of Ghetto Superstar, or Ghetto himself, it is advisable to understand that a restraining order does not mean that you can expect Kus to be restrained when you attempt murder. It just means that you will have your ass handed to you in a polite fashion in accordance with your stupidty.
    Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

you sell mattresses? ive been looking at mattresses.... having a hard time sleeping on the waterbed since i got pregnant. don't know why though, cause my mom did it through three pregnancies.

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
        24.) If you are a friend of Ghetto Superstar, or Ghetto himself, it is advisable to understand that a restraining order does not mean that you can expect Kus to be restrained when you attempt murder. It just means that you will have your ass handed to you in a polite fashion in accordance with your stupidty.
        couldn't resist, could you rep?
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

actually this is good for me haha. i just got into the whole selling of mattresses and such at my dept store within the last two months. I have no sales experiance (and no one expects us to be outstanding for a year or so anyways) so this little list kinda perked me up and helped me learn a few things haha
          Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

25. If you are Ghetto Superstar, How do your teeth look on the table beside your bed?

Comment

Quoth Kusanagi View Post
              9) No, I cannot have them rush a special order. If you want the imported sofa from China in the highest quality leather we carry, do not walk in on Thursday and expect us to deliver it in a week. We quote four months for imports, and that's an industry standard. We do not have a fleet of 747's that can fly furniture over for you as soon as it's made.

"Can't you check to see if you have it in the back?"
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                "Can't you check to see if you have it in the back?"
                "Sure, let me check the alley between the dumpster and the homeless guy."
                "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

#26. If your name is PuckishOne, and you endeavor fully to live up to this name, asking Kusanagi, "So, is there a delivery fee or what?" will get you a virtual smackdown and not so much as a courtesy chortle. So don't even think about it.

Kus, I bow down to your brilliance. If only I could make - and stick to - my own list of rules...
                  Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

Quoth Kusanagi View Post
                    "Sure, let me check the alley between the dumpster and the homeless guy."
                    you mean between the dumpster, the homeless guy and part of Ghetto superstar's scalp?

Comment

Quoth Kusanagi View Post

2) If you tell me that you are just looking and tell me to "talk to the hand" by shoving it in my face, then I will assume you ARE just looking and I will drop you out of the rotational list. Don't get offended if I don't hear you sigh heavily and throw forlorn glances in my direction. Which brings me to...
                      This happens to me a little too often, or if I'm told that they're "just looking" the manager or owner will walk behind me, ask the same question and all of a sudden the customer needs help.

Quoth Kusanagi View Post
                      6) If you don't want to buy, just be honest. Don't make up an excuse of going out to your car, don't say you'll come back when you have no intention of doing it. If I spend an hour with you, and you make the decision not to buy, TELL ME. If we don't have what you're looking for, then maybe I can save you time and money and point you in the direction of what you're seeking. I know all the product and policies of damn near all the stores in our area, and I will still be helpful if you are honest. Telling a salesman that you'll be back to try to save face and make it easier on him has the OPPOSITE effect of what you are trying to acheive.
                      This is another one that drives me nuts, I will spend quite literally an hour with someone who is indecisive and hums and haws over the item. We've tested it out to make sure the item works (if needed), I usually have a display case open, so I can't leave the customer alone with their thoughts. Then they hand it back to me and say, "I'll be back later," hah! No you won't. 9.9 times out of 10 they don't come back.

Quoth Kusanagi View Post

7) Do not come behind my desk to stare at my computer screen and try to make sense of our computer system. You won't understand it, and it would be much easier for me to just write the order and put you on the delivery truck than for me to explain every screen to you.
                      Honestly, people do this to you? That would drive me nuts. That's a pet peeve of mine, I can't stand people looking over my shoulder onto my computer screen.
                      This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth Boulder_Bear View Post
                        you mean between the dumpster, the homeless guy and part of Ghetto superstar's scalp?
                        Nah, the bloodstain is gone by now. It rained recently and washed away the last remnants I didn't get with the hose

Comment

Quoth Kusanagi View Post
                          17) If you're having an issue and are calling me back every ten minutes until it is solved, please, rest assured I am doing everything I can to solve it strictly for the sole purpose of getting you to shut the hell up.
                          This reminds me of am jerk I overheard in the pharamcy today. I was stocking an aisle closeby and the pharmacy was pretty busy. They were having walk-ups getting flu shots and the counter was busy too.
                          This guy had been standing there waiting while his prescription was being processed, mind you, there a few people standing around waiting for the same thing & people in the drop off line.
                          SC: Jerk
                          PT: Pharmacy Tech

SC: (shouts impatiently) How much longer till its ready?

I looked in his direction once he said this, cuz he was loud and it got my attention. He caught me looking at him just as he said, in a more controlled indoor voice,
                          SC: I hate waiting. (then turning to a lady standing next to him, also waiting) "Don't you hate waiting?"

PT: They are working on it right now,sir.

Over the next few minutes, he continued to complain loudly, and just being obnoxious in general. Sitting in the chair, getting up, pacing, sighing, going on about how the pharmacists needed to get it together, he was tired of waiting, blah blah blah. Everytime someone else was called to pick up, he would start all over again. The tech just repeated the above line over and over every time he popped off.

Then two ladies come up to get flu shots and the pharmacist in charge of that came out to the little kiosk to shoot them up. Off course the guy goes off.

SC: Ive been waiting here and this lady just walks up and gets a pharamacist? This is ridiculous, you should get back there and get to work. Get it together. Figure it out. (blah blah blah....somewhere in the background you hear "They are working on it right now,sir.")

Beleive me, I am sure those employees wanted that guy out of there as much as he wanted out of there. Not to mention the other customers there patiently waiting.

Pharmacy customers are some of the worst I have witnessed. Its like they wait until they have been off their meds for a few days before they come in and by that point they are psycho crazed from withdrawl.
                          WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

#13 is a constant pain in the rear for me as we run so many promotions, many for less than two weeks. It's not my fault you couldn't get to the store during the promotion and no, just because we still have a sign up for a sale that ended yesterday doesn't mean you get that price today. (the sign had clearly marked dates which the SC claimed to have "missed")

Comment

:facepalm:

26. Delivery includes going up the driveway, through a front door or a sliding glass door. It does NOT include going over a six foot fence and through a window.

Just had this one yesterday. Needless to say, the guy is pissed. He now has to pay the 200 buck dissasembly charge, and he's making claims I told him everything was going to fit. (I didn't)

Comment

Working...
                              X